Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Hypothetical scenario involving a mugging

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Re: Hypothetical scenario involving a mugging

quote Eli:

The probability is that you won’t be able to, but it’s also a moot point: an attacker carrying a weapon he believes fires will not doubt your ability to fire upon him with that weapon, and will comply whereas an attacker with a fake gun will resist without fear of being shot. Generally. Whether YOU feel like discharging a reconverted weapon really isn’t a factor for him.

Assuming he’s not drunk, drugged, suffering from mental defect and doesn’t know any better, or has nothing to lose.

eli

quote TacticalTimmy:

Assuming he’s not drunk, drugged, suffering from mental defect and doesn’t know any better, or has nothing to lose.

Right. I assumed that was implied. We’re speaking solely in hypotheticals, and I covered the alternatives previously. Still, you’re correct.

Wiccaman: Thanks for that info. I was foggy on the current rules. Yeah I feel your frustration…when you write laws, only law-abiding citizens abide by them. Seems a lot more like declawing the sheepdog than the wolf. Oh well.

Best,
    -Eli

Sometimes it is funny to read some of the “new” laws that come out and leaves me wondering why we need to continue to make things illegal instead of stepping up enforcement of what is already on the books. Coming up with new laws doesn’t make us any safer, it just means there are more things that the person trying to be a good citizen can accidentally do and get into trouble for. I’m not trying to hurt anybody, I just want to make sure that if someone decides that they need my xbox360 more than I do and are willing to kill over it, that I keep my life. I could care less about the xbox, which is why it is downstairs and our rooms are upstairs. If they come in for the xbox and decide that’s not enough, bad things will happen to them if they try to come upstairs. I read an interesting article in one of the many gun/leo magazines I frequently read and they were presenting case studies on the use of force and the effect that the use of force victim’s gender had on it. Example: I’m 5’10” and 228ibs carrying a 45 caliber pistol. I get attacked by a 5’4” woman carrying a baseball bat and regardless of what happened between her initiating the attack and me shooting, more than likely I would be labeled as being the “bad guy” because I was so much bigger and more capable than she is and I should have been able to physically take the bat away and get away from her. So I guess I’m trying to say it’s not just WHAT you do, it’s WHO you do it to.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: