Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    narv

I want to get bigger. But not like “hulk size”. Just add like 7-15 pounds on the weight, with not so much fat.
    But how do I train/eat for it, without it will affect my skills for 2 x krav maga training each week.

Hope you guys can help me.

I’m thinking like :
    2 x krav (tues & thurs)
    3 x heavy weightlifting (mon, wed, fri)
    weekends: no training so I can recover my muscles.
    foods: eat healthy and eat ALOT
    sleep: 8-9 hours a day

weightlifting: some like deadlift, benchpres, squat, rows, military pres, dips, chin-ups, crunches, dumbell curls etc. then do it 5 set of 5 reps with heavy weight to stress the muscles.

Is this a good approach, or will it harm my body or/and skills at krav?

bear34

Re: I want to get bigger

quote Narv:

I want to get bigger. But not like “hulk size”. Just add like 7-15 pounds on the weight, with not so much fat.
    But how do I train/eat for it, without it will affect my skills for 2 x krav maga training each week.

Hope you guys can help me.

I’m thinking like :
    2 x krav (tues & thurs)
    3 x heavy weightlifting (mon, wed, fri)
    weekends: no training so I can recover my muscles.
    foods: eat healthy and eat ALOT
    sleep: 8-9 hours a day

weightlifting: some like deadlift, benchpres, squat, rows, military pres, dips, chin-ups, crunches, dumbell curls etc. then do it 5 set of 5 reps with heavy weight to stress the muscles.

Is this a good approach, or will it harm my body or/and skills at krav?

If you are in reasonably good shape right now, I would suggest P90X. You will put on sood lean muscle mass without getting to bulky.
    Excellent program IMO.

narv

Cool, have u tried the P90X urself?

bear34

quote Narv:

Cool, have u tried the P90X urself?

I have and it is the real deal. Unfortunately I am getting older and some of the DVDs(Plyometrics/Yoga) are hell on my joints so I did the strength training DVDs and considered KM my cardio. Right now I am nursing tendonitis in my rotator cuff haven’t been to Krav in about four months and am as fat as I have ever been in my 48 years. I have recently started doing some Ultimate Sandbag workouts and will be going back to Krav Maga training after Jan 1.

Why don’t you go on a 40 day water and juice fasting in January ?

You will lose about 60 lb. and not only will your joints thank you & you will breathe much better especially at night.

If you can exersice during the fasting then when the 40 days are over return to smaller portion size in your meals. Eat 2x a day not 3x a day.

unstpabl1

Google STRONGLIFTS 5×5 and get it, its fREE…and an awesome simple program to do…will explain strength and size developmentGoogle STARTING STRENGTH there is a FREE Wiki on itwhen you do the search you’ll find out how highly thought of these plans are and will want to buy me a new car for the info….I’ll take it

On the functional fitness side, I’d advise you to check out Military Athlete ( http://www.militaryathlete.com ) and try their squad pt sessions, and check out the Big 24 strength program, or hypertrophy for skinny guys programs they have on sale within their web store. I do Military Athlete right now and I can tell you that you won’t regret it.

garddawg

Don’t spend you money on DVD’s. Getting strong is simple, its just not easy. You have to be consistent and dedicated to a few simple things.

Deadlift every week.

Squat heavy (hip crease below the top of the patella) every week. (video tape yourself. You will be surprised how high most people squat)

Do a single heavy high rep set of deadlift or squat alternate the exercises every other week. 15-20 reps will do it.

Get a five pound PR on a by 3 or by 5 rep on a single set every week and walk away, even if you feel that you have more in the tank. Do not repeat the set. When your x3 number is within 5 pounds of your one rep max, retest your one rep max.

garddawg

Oh, eat more. You have eat more if you want to gain weight.

jjbklb

quote JewishFitness1976:

Why don’t you go on a 40 day water and juice fasting in January ?

You will lose about 60 lb. and not only will your joints thank you & you will breathe much better especially at night.

If you can exersice during the fasting then when the 40 days are over return to smaller portion size in your meals. Eat 2x a day not 3x a day.

=
    I’d worry about the lack of protein causing your body to scavenge it’s needs by breaking down (metabolizing) its own muscle to supply it.

garddawg

quote jjbklb:

=
    I’d worry about the lack of protein causing your body to scavenge it’s needs by breaking down (metabolizing) its own muscle to supply it.

Yeah, that is no way to increase lean muscle mass or strength.

unstpabl1

quote garddawg:

Don’t spend you money on DVD’s. Getting strong is simple, its just not easy. You have to be consistent and dedicated to a few simple things.

Deadlift every week.

Squat heavy (hip crease below the top of the patella) every week. (video tape yourself. You will be surprised how high most people squat)

Do a single heavy high rep set of deadlift or squat alternate the exercises every other week. 15-20 reps will do it.

Get a five pound PR on a by 3 or by 5 rep on a single set every week and walk away, even if you feel that you have more in the tank. Do not repeat the set. When your x3 number is within 5 pounds of your one rep max, retest your one rep max.

Listen to Jeff..same reasoning as I had on pointing you to either Starting Stregth or Stronglifts…only he’s much smarter than me

donjon
    Blocked

good to know that i must say it is nice informative

coda-vex

quote unstpabl1:

Listen to Jeff..same reasoning as I had on pointing you to either Starting Stregth or Stronglifts…only he’s much smarter than me

If Gardawg had his brain eaten by zombies, he’d still know more about fitness than 99% of the population. If one actually listens and follows his advice as described, it’s hard to go wrong. Time, effort and pacience will pay off.

unstpabl1

quote Coda Vex:

If Gardawg had his brain eaten by zombies, he’d still know more about fitness than 99% of the population. If one actually listens and follows his advice as described, it’s hard to go wrong. Time, effort and pacience will pay off.

:beer:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: