Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I’ve seen the recent weight loss threads and thought I should chime in.

First off let me qualify. When I started Krav I was in horrible shape. During CJs moms pregnancy I had gained a ton of weight and was tipping at 250. She ate I ate and I hadn’t trained in anything in a few years.

I’m also not a little guy Ive got 52” shoulders so I held 250 pretty well but lets face it I was FAT.

I came out of phase A at 245 and was happy I had dropped a few pounds.

Now about june of the year before last I sat down with Garddawg and said Jeff I’m killing myself help.. We came up with a way for me to eat more healthy and combined good eating habits and copious amounts of Bas/Waldman/FTD and a splash of Kevin Lewis I weighed in this morning at the Drs at 189!!! I was shocked. When I was fighting I walked around at 215 and had a problem cutting weight to make 205. I don’t think since my teens I’ve been under 200.

At almost 45 years old 189 seems impossible theres no way, but yup I got a 4 pack going!

I’m faster, I’m stronger and I scare the hell out of people I train with.
    I had one instructor actually tell me I looked like I was gliding on melted butter I moved so smooth.
    And I couldn’t have done it without the help of my friends here in the forums and the center.

Krav is good!

mara-jade

Re: Iím Svelte

Congrats Sean

I started in KM at 175. I’m 162 after almost 5 years so I’m glad for that (went from size 18 to 14) but at 5 foot 2, I know I need to lose some more – 10-15 would be wonderful.

My fault for loving potatoes, pasta and bread too much:rolleyes:

don

AWESOME! thumbsup

stevetuna

Are you following the strict Zone?

Regardless, only one question came to my mind: what’s my excuse?

Thanks for the inspiration, and well done!!!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote stevetuna:

Are you following the strict Zone?

Iím following the put down the soda pick up the water and stop eating ice cream before bed common sense version.

Speed up your metabolism eat lots of stuff all day in small dosage and be a little smarter in your choices instead of being a toxic waste dump.

And yes the itís a very Zone-ish concept.

Thanks for the kind words I’m still in sticker shock.

bjelder

Congrats man! Good for you. 250-189 is incredible.

kirsten

Wahoo!!! Awesome Job… So now I need to get you a smaller pair of fight team shorts!

garddawg

That represents an incredible amount of hard work, self discipline and perseverance. Thank you for being an example to the rest of us …..more experienced folks.

vinman

I know its already been said, but going from 250 to 189 lbs is nothing short of amazing !! thumbsupthumbsup

jenn

Congratulations, you svelte mofo. That is very impressive. When I meet you in Oct? Nov? I never would have guessed you at 200# or whatever. You carry your weight well – and I’m not just saying that so you won’t hit me or make me take part in a 2:1 attack drill :D:

d-bain

Great Job!!!!! You are truly an inspiration to the rest of us. Spring is coming.thumbsup

Dan.

kirsten

You wanna look good in your bikini eh guys?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I think I had student walk by me and go T H I N N E R

It’s the only possible explanation.

jesse

Awesome job. That’s huge losses and it’s obviously not from some fad diet that you’ll end up regretting or bouncing back from.

I started Krav this past summer as a fairly small built guy 5′ 9″ with quite a bit too much poundage hanging on my frame. I’ve now gone from 175 lbs to 150 as of this week. I’m thirty years old and I actually weigh less than when I got out of college. Now my wife can’t keep her hand off me and… well, nevermind. 😛

sonnymate

Same here, CJ’s Dad. Krav got me slimmer and fitter. I see why people get into it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: