Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Instructor Quality Question in Ohio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    sfolk

I’ve been looking at various martial arts over the last couple of months and have found a krav maga school near me (http://www.fightfitohio.com/self-defense.html). From the info I’ve gathered on the web, the quality of instruction can vary greatly from school to school. Does anyone here know or know of the instructors at this school- Sarah Fox and Jerry Cooper ?

johnl-d11

Re: Instructor Quality Question in Ohio

I met Sarah at our school when she came down to train with Jens Pulver. Class act instructor.. I know there are a few members on this board who train at her school, hopefully they will chime in.

old-grappler

Sarah is my primary instructor….she is awesome. The training and workout have been better than I could have hoped. My only experience with Jerry was during my level 1 test…and that was also a very positive experience.

I would highly recommend the school. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to ask any specific questions. Hopefully I’ll see you there.

sfolk

Thnaks for the info. Old grappler, you have a pm.

oldkravdude

Sarah has trained with us in Gahanna and she is a very skilled instructor. She is about to open a new location and build a great Krav gym. I would definately tell you to train with her.

jdejongh

I have both Sarah and Jerry as instructors, and I can easily say they bring me to my goals and then right past them. I have seen other krav schools and have a feel for the Krav Instructor bench mark.They are among the best. The other great thing about her school is that it is currently relatively small , therefore we get alot of extra and personal attention that is tough to get at some of the big schools.:jerry:

sewerhunter

I have been receiving private instruction in Krav Maga from Sarah Fox for almost a year. While this is my first attempt at learning a martial art, I have been very impressed by Ms. Fox as a teacher and very pleased with the quality of the training I have received. Sessions are intense, but I have always left each class feeling inspired rather than discouraged. Also, I recently began attending Ms. Fox’s fitness classes, which use the techniques of Krav in an aerobic workout. These are an excellent counterpart to the regular training, as they foster the cardio fitness required for passing the Krav level tests. I am looking forward to her school’s opening in its new location, where it will be possible to attend group lessons and so enter a more varied training experience.

river

Jerry is the real deal. I’ve studied with others and he is the most focused and practical. Always thinking about actual situations on the street.

He’s worked with contractors in Iraq training security and corrections people so he knows what works with hard guys.

bjf1916

I have the highest level of respect for all the instructors at Krav Maga Cleveland. So far I have trained primarily with Sarah through level 1 and into level 2, and I have also done some fitness workouts with her. She carries herself in a professional manner at all times, but is approachable and always willing to answer a question or explain why something is the way that it is. This is my impression of Rich and Jerry as well, although I do not know either of them personally as well as I know Sarah.

The workouts are demanding yet rewarding, and as is the case with most other pursuits in life, they will take you as far as you will allow them to. That is the impression I have of this school, its instructors, and this discipline in general. Equally, that is why I think Sarah, Rich, and Jerry deserve praise — as opposed to just knowing the discipline well, they are also great motivators and “coaches”, and they will never stop pushing you (students and potential students) to work harder and get better.

jojo

I have been training KM fitness with Sarah for 18 months and now taking KM 1 classes with her. She will provide fantastic instruction and motivation…. and you will need to provide the guts. Hope you choose to join us!!

mara-jade

Just stopped in to welcome you folks to the forum! Always nice to ‘see’ new facesthumbsup

I’ve taken Sarah’s Krav Fitness classes and they kick butt! I’ve also taken self-defense with Sarah and she has given me a sense of confidence that I didn’t have before her training. I agree that she is a motivator and professional. Both my children have been involved with the KM X kids program and they love it. I can’t wait until she gets into her new location because I’m there!!! As for Jerry and Rich, they definitely have the credentials to back them up. I know them personally and believe they are terrific guys. I would recommend Fight Fit Ohio and its staff to anyone who is interested in learning from the best!!!! Always true to you- Ohio Krav Student
    rofl2

sfolk

I spoke with Sarah yesterday and am trying to set up an intro lesson. She was going to give Rich my number to schedule an evening class. Thanks for all the replies.

skelly151

You will not be dissapointed. Our entire family has taken level one defense and I have done the fitness class for 18 months. I cant walk today because on Monday she beat the hooey out of us with jump squats. She is professional and her heart is always in the right place taking her students as far as they can go.

jesse-rk

Glad I’m not the only one who’s hurting from Monday!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: