Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Instructor Quality Question in Ohio

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    sfolk

Re: Instructor Quality Question in Ohio

I have a 6:30 appointment with Sarah on Monday for an intro class. Thanks again for all the comments and replies.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote sfolk:

I have a 6:30 appointment with Sarah on Monday for an intro class. Thanks again for all the comments and replies.

Make sure and report back your thoughts!

sfolk

It was a blast. Sarah is a great instructor and really knows her stuff. I’m going to visit a couple more schools and then make a decision.

sapiing

I’m also a Cleveland resident interested in trying out Fight Fit Ohio. I have a question about the level of fitness required for the Level 1 training courses – it seems clear most of the people in the classes for any length of time will be in pretty good shape. I am definitely out of shape – lost 30 pounds in the past 6 months and have another 50 to go before I’m at my “goal” weight. So I’m wondering, should I wait till I’m a little lighter to start training? I don’t want to go and become discouraged because I can’t keep up with the rest of the class, although I know the training would help me lose faster.

I’d be really interested to hear if any other people started while carrying some extra weight?

mara-jade

Welcome Sapiing!

When you want to start is up to you, but don’t let your weight stop you. Hubby and I were NOT in the best of shape. By the time we got through Level 1, we lost 50 pounds between us. The weight is still a factor for us as we’ve had injuries, life gets in the way, etc but we don’t let that stop us.

If you can’t keep up at first, it’s ok – really. Don’t feel bad. Alot of us have all been through it, more than once especially when injury or illness gets you. I’ve been sick since Friday night. I had 101.4 fever, it broke but of course I still feel like crap. It will be fun getting back into it as it’s gonna hurt but what the hell. We’re paying these folks to beat us as it isrofl2

Best wishes on your training:wav:

kmky

don’t let weight be an issue. i was close to 300lbs when i started. i couldn’t make it through warm-ups, much less a class. it took 3 classes before i could make it through the class. even without changing my diet and only exercising during class i dropped 30lbs very quickly.

sapiing

That’s good to hear you were so successful – I doubt I could make it through the warmups either right now!

jdejongh

Hey Saaping,
    I train at fight fit Ohio.
    You have to do whats right for you and if you havent done physical activity in a while, you should make sure your good to go with a Doctor first. Having said that, i can promise you that you wont be discouraged . After every class I gaurentee you will be inspired and amazed at what you just accomplished. Its a wonderful feeling. Hope to see you in class soon!! Fight fit will provide the training, knowledge,motivation, and compassion. You will provide the blood , sweat and tears!
    Hope to see you in class soon!!
    Jeff

Hey Sapiing, Congratulations on your 30lbs lost!!! :woohoo: I would recommend the fitness class because it is a good cardio workout. Don’t worry about not being able to keep up, eventually you will. Sarah is an awesome motivator and you will not get discouraged. I would recommend that you see your doctor for the okay before you start though. thumbsup

Hope to see you in class soon!!!

stephx777

Fight Fit is where I plan to take classes. Has anyone here ever taken the teen classes? If so, how are they? I’m trying to gather as much info as I can before enroll.

Hey Stephx777, If you want to learn true self-defense take the teen classes. You also get a good cardio workout too. Definitely not like martial arts where you have uniforms to wear, forms to learn in order to advance, etc.. This is true self-defense and how to get out of threatening situations.

In today’s world where you have girls and guys beating each other up for fun so they can show it on youtube is totally bs. The Krav Maga teen classes will teach you how to defend yourself and how to get out of explosive situations. Krav Maga teaches you techniques that are instrinctive to a person and makes them better.

Easy to learn and remember. Hope this helps you in deciding where you want to train. Personally, once you try KRAV it gets in your blood and you want to learn more and more.

stevetuna

Stephx777 –

I just completed our Phase B instructor’s course with Sarah Fox. At one point, one of the people teaching us stated that the ultimate measure of our performances that week would be if the other instructors in the course would want to take a course put on by their fellow instructor. I’m hear to say loudly that I wouldn’t miss a course that Sarah was teaching.

Sarah is competent and dedicated. She is tough when she needs to be but would always find a way to reach every student. I urge you to do yourself a favor and try her classes out! Please report back once you have.

My only advice – stay away from her right hook! She hammered me with that punch!

Best wishes.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: