Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Is it taboo to wear shorts to Krav classes??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    garddawg

No. I don’t think you need to.

Our gym is a metal box, no insulation. Right now it’s winter. We are generally training in hoodies and sweats because the temp inside is around 45-50 degrees. In defense of the smelly, sweating, hairy, sleevless, shorts wearing men taking KM. In the summer if its 100 degrees outside its 110 inside. Of course I could make them wear the hoodies…… 😈

lor

And THAT’s why I started Krav in the dead of Winter. Come Summer, I’ll be back home in my Yoga classes. 😛

garddawg

I’ll stick with KM. As much as I dislike the shorts and sleeveless look, smelly, sweating, hairy, men in yoga tights is worse; thank you very much. 😯

lor

They wear shorts too.

😯

*rethinks her Yoga Sabbatical*

sunnysd

Sweaty, smelly legs? How about sweaty, smelly wraps!! You don’t know until you’re doing choke defenses what you’re really dealing with. Yech!!

You get whacked with one of those lab experiments and you get a nasty, itchy lump right there.

lazlo

Black Belts and Instructors are allowed to wear shorts during regular classes at our school. You can generally wear shorts during fight classes.
    Outside of Krav class, you can wear whatever you please, but you might want to consult the weather section before getting dressed that day. 😉

usnavy-233

Re:

quote \”JL\:

Walt

Revgear is where some get their KM stuff. I can’t remember what I paid but it wasn’t $40 bones. One thing you’ll like is they are real light and dry out fast. As for shorts….if KM makes em and no rule says different, I see no reason not to wear them unless your instructor has a problem with it for their own reasons. Never have I seen anyone come in shorts. However, I do wear sleeveless KM shirts. I am a sweater like some of you and it just keeps my temp. down when working out. My instructor also sometimes goes to his sleeveless gear so I think I’m OK.

Hmm,
    $42.95 on REVGEAR. Maybe the prices have just rocketed as Krav has got on. Oh well, there’s more to life than money, I suppose $40 isn’t bad when you consider I’d have to pay the shipping cost to get them somewhere else. And at this point, $40 is the best price I’ve found anyway.

As for Jeff’s comment, NO!! Please to not explicate. We get your point!

-Walt

lor

Re:

Walt ~ \”As for Jeff’s comment, NO!! Please to not explicate. We get your point!\”

Nah, I don’t think I get it. A more detailed explanation would be helpful. With diagrams, if possible.

😛

usnavy-233

Re:

quote \”Lor\:

Walt ~ \”As for Jeff’s comment, NO!! Please to not explicate. We get your point!\”

Nah, I don’t think I get it. A more detailed explanation would be helpful. With diagrams, if possible.

😛

You’re one sick, sick lady!! 😯

kravron

Jeff,
    when I come to Krav MD I will wear shorts for you. I have my new AF PT shorts they are starting to force us to wear. MMMM MMMM reminds me of the 1970’s running shorts.

😆

I will wear em to class just for you….. 😆

fat guy in little shorts…
    fat guy in little shorts…

lor

I’ve taken this matter into my own hands. From now on, you’re all required to wear this:

http://www.concertshots.com/May%20Images/cs-DavidLeeRoth5a-Atlanta5302.JPG

anonymous

For fighting class, I usually wear my Muay Thai shorts with that angry, hissing cobra right in the middle. If that’s okay, I guess anything goes… 😈

kravmdjeff

KravRon, sorry, only women are allowed to wear shorts in my classes.

I kid, I kid.

honestly, I wear long pants because my kicks feel funny when I don’t have the resistance of pants. Must still be the subconscious TKD stuff in me.

mayhem

my school here requires that we wear black km gear which i found a little strange. even though i have black km shorts, i was told by someone at the school that they dont allow shorts and i have really never seen anyone wear shorts to class there.

dskt, about wearing hats to class, do you remember that saturday class where someone wore a hat to class? the instuctor asked him if he was going for a bike ride and told him to take off the hat. it was pretty funny.

anonymous

What I was told at the school I train at is that K.M. is for the streets so wear street clothes if you want. But most of us guys wear shorts and sleeveless shirts because when you get all sweaty, Pant legs bind and hinder.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: