Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mikerob

Are there any students on this board that train, or have trained at the JCC in San Diego (La Jolla)?

I would love to hear from anyone about the school, it’s atmosphere, and the instructors.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Re: JCC in San Diego

very curious myself. I’m ntc/kmww trained. live down here now too..

mikerob

Well the head instructor did get in touch with me and I’m heading off to see a class tonight.

– Mike

shooter

I go to the JCC everytime I`m in SD. The place is great, and the instructors are superb. Dana is the lead instructor for IKMF in US, and has been with Krav Maga for many years. You will shurly have a nice time there.

dkatman

quote NewKravAddict:

very curious myself. I’m ntc/kmww trained. live down here now too..

DUDE!!!!

I wondered if you have been training down there.

Have you?

How is it going down there for you?

Dave

mikerob

The class was great, Dana was cool, and the energy was high.

I do plan on visiting another school here which is ran by Mike (MAA academy San Diego), had an appointment on Saturday but work got in the way, will probably see their class next week.

I keep hearing conflicting views on the training from others, that it is not the best technique, but damn – some of the **** Dana was teaching I’d rather not have to think about technique in the streets.

And I’m a 10 year martial arts student of Kung Fu and Aikido.

– Mike

been so busy with work, haven’t had too much time.

sdkraver

quote MikeRob:

The class was great, Dana was cool, and the energy was high.

I do plan on visiting another school here which is ran by Mike (MAA academy San Diego), had an appointment on Saturday but work got in the way, will probably see their class next week.

I keep hearing conflicting views on the training from others, that it is not the best technique, but damn – some of the **** Dana was teaching I’d rather not have to think about technique in the streets.

And I’m a 10 year martial arts student of Kung Fu and Aikido.

– Mike

I’ve been training there 4 years, I love it (obviously).

Dana has a teaching style that miraculously weeds out any characters that I wouldn’t want to be training with. He’s tremendously passionate about Krav Maga and teaches each student as if what they were learning may save their life today.

Mike could you please elaborate on the technique Dana was teaching? Did you like or not like it?

I’ve only trained in KM and only at JCC so I don’t have the breadth of many posters on this board, I’d like to hear a little more about what you were saying. Thanks.

mikerob

quote SDKraver:

I’ve been training there 4 years, I love it (obviously).

Dana has a teaching style that miraculously weeds out any characters that I wouldn’t want to be training with. He’s tremendously passionate about Krav Maga and teaches each student as if what they were learning may save their life today.

Mike could you please elaborate on the technique Dana was teaching? Did you like or not like it?

I’ve only trained in KM and only at JCC so I don’t have the breadth of many posters on this board, I’d like to hear a little more about what you were saying. Thanks.

I was saying that, yes, I really liked it.

I also popped in last Wednesday to see the level 2 “physical” class and it was great to see such aggressiveness being taught, getting that “fighting spirit” as Dana called it.

I will be starting up the next session when it opens.

– Mike

clfmak

I did a seminar with Eyal there. It was awesome.

richard-d5

MikeRob and NewKravAddict….have either of you checked out the KMWW schools in San Diego?

MikeRob, did you make it to MMA Academy? I train there myself and would highly reccomend it.

I looked into the kmww school, but they only go up to level 2. I was/am level 3. I’d LOVE to be able to continue my kmww training.

richard-d5

Feel free to come by and check out one of our Krav Advanced classes. We teach levels 1-5. Since our school is a smaller school, we have not yet divided the advanced class. If you check out our website, you can get my contact information and see the class schedule. http://www.COREsd.net

raptor

I’d be interested in any opinions one may have on the MMA Academy in San Diego. I believe they are affiliated with KMWW. Anybody out there training with them? What levels do they teach?

quote Raptor:

I’d be interested in any opinions one may have on the MMA Academy in San Diego. I believe they are affiliated with KMWW. Anybody out there training with them? What levels do they teach?

As we have only been affiliated with KMWW for the past year and one half we are only teaching levels 1 and 2 at the moment. We will be offering higher levels as the need arising in Krav Maga. We also teach ten levels of F.A.S.T. Defense include offensive use of edged weapons and handguns as well as a hybrid structured martial arts program that was started in 1990. Please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to explain all we have to offer and invited anyone to come by to tour our facility.
    Mike
    MMA Academy
    San Diego

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: