Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Just Watched Fight Science! Loved It!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    psyops

Amir Perets = BMF!

I always knew the guy was an animal but his performance on Fight Science was unreal! Great commercial too! Saw the whole gang! Very well done. Amir I hope to train with you when I come to L.A.

mara-jade

Re: Just Watched Fight Science! Loved It!

RQ -Dunno why those last 2 posts were necessary. The original Fight Science documentary was about the science of traditional martial arts like MT, Karate, etc. The newest one in that 1 segment was only comparing to a particular MT move, NOT the guy.

Amir – Dang that gun takeaway, holy crap!! The guy’s awesome.thumbsup

I actually caught part of the Sports Science right before Fight Science started. That wasn’t too bad either.

I just thought it was friggin funny how the scientists would freak out at how much these guys could take as well as dish out. Bas’s results looked really impressive.

For those that haven’t seen the new ones – WATCH THEM. It’s worth itthumbsup

quote RQ:

on and I forgot to mention Tito is a fag and didn’t contribute anything to that show except some gay commentary

Please take down the NRA avatar, so the rest of us gun owners don’t get lumped in with ignorant buffoons like you. What’s next, some black or mexican commentary? Why not pick on the Jews? Asshole.

kmman

Maybe RQ belongs on Bullshido so he can rip apart all that is not BJJ and curse and degrade anyone at anytime. LOL

I liked the show. I didnt quite analyze it but I was impressed and thought it represented Krav very well in that segment.

There was a bias, in my opinion, towards MMA but I think the point RQ was making was that they used an elite athlete in MMA. By the way, I dont think there are “MMA” kicks. MMA is taken from different places, mainly Muay Thai in standup.

Gotta say Bas was pretty impressive. How old is that guy, by the way? I never really got into the whole MMA thing much, but after watching the FS show I have a better understanding of what they have to do to be able to compete at any level they might hope to survive a match, let alone win. Those guys are animals. I missed most of the specialops episode, but did manage to catch the segment with Imir and his super quick disarm move. Very nice, indeed.
    Interestingly enough, MNBC also had a program on about MMA and UFC, and how it was saved from certain doom by Dana White and an arse load of money.

gp

I don’t know what fight science show RQ watched but in the first one, the Muay Thai fighter was a world champion and not some chump off the street.

I thought it was a great show with the numbers to show what kind of pounding the mma fighters take in the ring.

Bas was pretty funny with his comments and antics. I wished they did an analysis of his liver punch. That would have been cool!

kmman

Bas did the same kick as Muay Thai guy but he is just bigger and stronger, no?

crazy-train

i’m not trying to dis the guys on the show, they are great at what they do, and i have great respect for them. but i continually noticed that when anyone of them did a round house, they barely pivoted their base foot. this lead me to wonder how much harder could they hit if they pivoted and brought more body mechanics into the kick.

resqr1

RQ,
    The cussing was way out of line and childish. Grow up. There are better ways to handle that. Being fairly new to this site, I have noticed ZERO incidents where your language was neither necessary nor welcome here.

Anybody else,
    What channel is this on? I haven’t seen anything about it. Sounds like a good show.

mara-jade

It’s showing a couple of more times this week. The original one shown a few years back with traditional martial arts was good.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/fightscience/

jburtonpdx

I enjoyed it. Of course would like to have heard the words “Krav Maga” about 6 or 7 dozen more times but…..

bradm

RQ, clean up your act man. No need to use that kind of language on this forum. Or any other forum for that matter.

hollywood

I don’t have the national geographic channel. anyone know a site i can watch the special ops episode?

vwr32

no cable here either. Will be waiting for it to come to itunes. :(:

miriam

quote mara_jade:

I just thought it was friggin funny how the scientists would freak out at how much these guys could take as well as dish out.

Totally agree w/ ya Mara. Watching those dorky scientist guys got all hot and bothered over the INCOMPREHENSIBLE results from their tests was just silly!!! :OhMy:

And guys like to label us women as ‘drama queens’?!? Sheesh! But I guess it’s whatever floats your boat, huh?

quote KMMAN:

There was a bias, in my opinion, towards MMA but I think the point RQ was making was that they used an elite athlete in MMA. By the way, I dont think there are “MMA” kicks. MMA is taken from different places, mainly Muay Thai in standup.

I thought the show was really great, too. But just like you alluded to above, the “tests” used were intrinsically flawed. Comparing the force of impact and/or damage created to the body by Bas deploying a specific attack, with the impact/damage done by the same attack deployed by a fighter who “specializes” in that specific attack (i.e. heavyweight boxer, muay thai expert, etc.) in order to determine whose attack is more effective and does damage is just faulty “science.” The results are too heavily, if not entirely, dependent upon the fighter.

But, the physics used to analyze the attacks were really interesting and educational. At least now I feel like I got more out of physics class in high school than I did doing projects like building a milk carton boat to race in the school pool, a tissue paper hot air balloon to heat up and fly, or a contraption to protect a dozen eggs being dropped from the 2nd floor of the science building! rofl2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: