Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Just Watched Fight Science! Loved It!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    raneman

Re: Just Watched Fight Science! Loved It!

The thing I didn’t get(I work in a lab doing performance testing of various building products) is that they tested in best case scenarios. Normally you want worst case scenarios to use as a benchmark. Saying a “normal” guy is a benchmark is silly considering the size, weight, training difference inherent to human beings. Very cool though how they did it but just seems they could have made it more “scientific”.

I mean really it takes less force for me to hurt someone my own size than it down to hurt someone thats 6’5″ 400 lbs with a body shot. I am not saying those guys couldn’t overcome that change but from a scientific standpoint it might heavily change the numbers.

crazy-train

quote Raneman:

The thing I didn’t get(I work in a lab doing performance testing of various building products) is that they tested in best case scenarios. Normally you want worst case scenarios to use as a benchmark. Saying a “normal” guy is a benchmark is silly considering the size, weight, training difference inherent to human beings. Very cool though how they did it but just seems they could have made it more “scientific”.

I mean really it takes less force for me to hurt someone my own size than it down to hurt someone thats 6’5″ 400 lbs with a body shot. I am not saying those guys couldn’t overcome that change but from a scientific standpoint it might heavily change the numbers.

have taken 4 years of chemistry in college, and a couple of research method classes for sociology and criminal justice, i should have thought of that. good observation/point.

I was all stoked to watch it until I realized that National Geographic was NOT one of the channels on my dish package. I have no idea why I thought it was but you can imagine my disappointment as I went to tune in and got the “For Ordering Information” message…

I’ll keep scanning the youtube stuff until I find it…

leejam99

someone put it on youtube!!!!!

i don’t get that channel…..

cav

quote leejam99:

someone put it on youtube!!!!!

i don’t get that channel…..

I searched my Tivo for this a while ago and didn’t see it, so I must not get the channel. I hope it’s on bittorrent. If it’s not on youtube. I’ll try to check after class tonight.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Its not on Limewaire either. But it plays again in a few days so you can catch it then.

h2h

if you have DirecTV, ch 276 in L.A. for NG…replay on Wed 01/30 9PM

giant-killer

I’ve goy Time Warner cable and get the channel. I thought Amir was pretty cool. I wished they would have explained the gun defense a bit more, for the uninitiated. I also liked the KM commercial.

Yeah, the MMA episode was a bit dramatized. Why would it be amazing that Bas can kick as hard or harder than a kickboxer? After all, Bas started out as a kickboxer and only later did Pancrase and ended his career with the UFC and MMA.

la-revancha

Bas RuTTTen and Amir!

How about how he hammed it up with the crash test dummies? I liked how Randy took the broken arm as a prize.

quote Miriam:

[SIZE=”2″]
    But, the physics used to analyze the attacks were really interesting and educational. At least now I feel like I got more out of physics class in high school than I did doing projects like building a milk carton boat to race in the school pool, a tissue paper hot air balloon to heat up and fly, or a contraption to protect a dozen eggs being dropped from the 2nd floor of the science building! rofl2
    [/SIZE]

I sucked at high school physics. AP Physics exam score = 0!!!

I take it RQ’s post got deleted? From what it sounds like, he probably crossed the line for the last time.

I ended up missing all the Krav stuff, but I did catch some of the special op’s stuff they were doing. Amazing! I can’t wait for the re-run on Wednesday!

I did catch the commerical. Very impressive! I’m about to go to a level one class at the NTC in a few minutes… I bet it’s packed with new prospective members!

J-

giant-killer

Another chance for you to run into the infamous Giantkiller…. Bald twins with beer guts and tattoos… Evil one wears a wrist brace… I’ll keep my eyes open! :):

By the way, for anyone wanting to meet Amir in person, remember the class he is teaching at Beverly Hills Jiu Jitsu Club, 5:45pm Mondays and Wednesdays. It’s 25$ for a single class if you want to check it out.

psyops

RQ- Go away.

It is amazing how ignorance and intolerance shows its face in a forum that clearly has contributors from all walks of life. You can clearly see that this is not the crowd for that type of nonsense RQ. Quite frankly most of us are far too intelligent for that type of idiotic garbage. One of the things that I have always been proud of KMWW is that it is open to all that wish to come. There is no bigotry. There is no racism. There is no intolerance. There is only learning, teaching and acceptance. If you can’t roll with that. You can roll your ass out of here!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Let it go, the negative posts were removed and I shot him a PM.

Relax everyone – I have it under control

psyops

Done! Sorry

quote CJs Dad:

Let it go, the negative posts were removed and I shot him a PM.

Relax everyone – I have it under control

You’re still an evil, evil man……

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: