Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Re: Kick to the butt..huh?

If the attacker is facing a wall, you could also take his head from behind and slam it into the wall. Then do the tailbone knee/kick to finish things off. thumbsup

Wait for it……

Wait for it……

Appropriate smiley…. Now! :banghead:

I don’t know why but this thread just struck my 14 yr old funny bone…

These lines are things I just didn’t expect to see on this site..

quote Liquid Rockface:

… what if he’s had his testes removed for whatever reason…

:dunno:

quote Emil:

…you would literally have to put your foot in someone’s ass. You would need 3 things: time and desire to shove your foot in that area, and a hard narrow nosed boot-cowboy boot and a large crack.

:Surprised:
    By the way, thatís fourÖ time, desire, boot, crack… 1,2,3,4…

quote Badge54:

Round kicks to the buttocks

thumbsup

quote leejam99:

…it feels like you have the biggest turtle inside your butt ripping your you know what trying to get out….

:OhMy:

For what it’s worth… If I have broken the choke and pushed my attacker up against the wall… I think I’m going for the face vs. brick option first, and then I will hopefully have time to get creative in my foot placement decisions.

vwr32

quote DirtyHippieUte:

If I have broken the choke and pushed my attacker up against the wall… I think I’m going for the face vs. brick option first

The problem with trying to slam his face against the wall is it might end up a strength vs strength issue. If I had my choice and was close enough, I’d probably launch an elbow to the back of his neck.

quote vwr32:

I’d probably launch an elbow to the back of his neck.

Which would result in? Brick vs. Face.

I think an elbow to the back of the neck/head would probably be the best way to get his face in touch with the masonry. Maybe a palm heel if you aren’t tall enough to get an elbow up there.

bradm

“Hell… If his back is turned and he’s face first against the wall, why not go ahead and use the wall to do some damage too by kicking him in the back of the head? Getting your face bounced off a brick wall is never any fun.

Good point. However, not all of us are capable of kicking to the head. I think all the techniques mentioned have merrit. Hopefully we have acquired several tools in our arsenal that would work, being it a kick (to where ever), punch, elbow, palm heel, grabbing the guys head and slamming it against the wall, or maybe simple just shoving the guy. And at any given instance, depending the situation and the abilities of the defender, use what ever you can that feels comfortable and natural at the time. The object is to get out of there and get home safe.

vwr32

quote DirtyHippieUte:

Which would result in? Brick vs. Face.

I think an elbow to the back of the neck/head would probably be the best way to get his face in touch with the masonry. Maybe a palm heel if you aren’t tall enough to get an elbow up there.

In a situation where you’ve just landed an elbow to the back of their neck, a brick wall to the face is the least of their concern imo. I wouldn’t target the back of their head.

I think the problem with thinking of a defense in terms of using the wall as a part of the defense is: what if it’s not a brick wall? What if you’re between two vehicles and the attacker is taller than the car? It’s a static object, could be a wall, a vehicle, a park bench, or anything. In a situation where u’re between two parked cars, you’ll not have enough room to execute a groin kick, and there’s no brick wall to crash his head into. I like to think of defenses in terms of being applicable in any situation. I’ve just broken a choke and pushed them into an immovable object and have their back.

Being close enough to land an elbow also means i can still have some control if the attacker starts to recover sooner than i anticipate. If he starts to turn faster than I’ve kicked, it’s possible I’ve lost my window of opportunity for the groin kick, the tailbone kick, or making use of a brick wall. I could see his neck still being a viable target until he’s almost fully facing me.

raneman

This is great and really shows something about KM. I ask one question and there many many responses to how to be effective in the situation with our tools.

I would also like to add knees to the kidney would hurt like hell and keep them pinned against the onject if you arent tall enough for the head/neck area.

giant-killer

How ’bout groin kick to distract him, while he thinks about his nether regions, back up to the head and slam the mofo. If there’s no wall, one might still be able to slam him down against a car hood or something.

Reminds me of training in the garage with John one time. We were in the stairwell and did defenses there and always thought about slamming the attacker into a wall, throwing him over a railing, or pushing him into something hard, such as a doorknob or that metal electrical thing down there (not sure what that was, but lots of metal rods and such). Being slammed into a wall isn’t fun, even if you are just practicing and the defender takes it easy.

jjk

quote Giant Killer:

or that metal electrical thing down there (not sure what that was, but lots of metal rods and such).

You mean the bottomless mechanical/electrical pit that is standard issue in all sci-fi movies? Always a favorite of mine.

giant-killer

Hmm, don’t know if it was sci-fi, just a whole lot of pipes and hard stuff in a bundle. Maybe a boiler or something.

clfmak

In the Dog Brothers material, there’s a technique they call the yank the chain takedown. From behind, you reach up between the legs and grab the belt. By pulling back/up and pushing forward on the back, you dump them forward in an awkward position where they usually plant their hands down and you can field goal kick the groin. In actual fighting application, you can use the groin as the lever rather than the belt. That would work in this scenario if I’m imagining this right.

giant-killer

Would the wall get into the way of the takedown, though?

clfmak

Maybe, but probably in a good way.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: