Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    chicochi

woo! Finally a topic on how great KravMD Columbia is. 😉

I may be biased (just a little) but our school is fantastic. I can’t imagine having nicer facilities or better instructors!

😀

The video clip was from a special all-day seminar on multiple attackers. The drill was familiar, though, as we’ve done very similar ones in both levels 1 & 2.

kravmdjeff

SBM, you and KravMagaSTudent should come up with Navy one day. We can go shooting and then you guys can a attend class with me.

Yeah, like chicochi said…we had an all-day seminar with Nick Hughes (http://www.fightsurvival.com) on multiple attackers.

Giantkiller, it was 19 people vs. one person per group. We started in the middle of the group. Because it was a seminar, we didn’t spend too much time on trying to improve the basics. The goal was to share as much information as possible in the short amount of time we had.

anonymous

19 vs 1, huh? And big guys, too. I probably would have slid to the ground and crawled through their legs. They would never even have known I was missing! 8)

kravmdjeff

Not likely. My wife is 5’4”, 110 lbs and they definitely kept track of her. Also, one of our front-desk staff, who is relatively new to Krav but has a 2nd dan in TKD and a black sash in kung fu, and they kept track of her too.

Most of the time, there’s really nowhere to go. I was one of the biggest guys there, and I picked a soft guy to plow through, making my exit that way.

anonymous

Yeah, the big guy defense, just plowing through everybody…. Makes me think of this one big (260 pound) guy, who used to train at the NTC. We were doing a similar drill, two strong 200 pound guys were holding two big pads and were told not to let anyone get through. Everyone struggled to get past them, but then the big guy came and just kind of calmly walked toward them and when he had reached them, he gently pushed the two pads they were holding out of the way, making each of them fly to the side and crash into the wall. Damn, I hate that big guy advantage! 😉

mongo2k6

That 19 on 1 drill was a lot of fun. 8)

But the next day I felt like I was stomped like a narc at a biker rally. 😥

kravmdjeff

Mongo, do I know who you are in real life?

mongo2k6

Re:

quote \”KravMDjeff\:

Mongo, do I know who you are in real life?

Yes. I’m the one that leaves sweat angels on the mats. :mrgreen:

kravmdjeff

The one??? There’s like 50 of you guys that do that

mongo2k6

Re:

quote \”KravMDjeff\:

The one??? There’s like 50 of you guys that do that

True, but only one of them is Mr. *@%&^ Maryland. 8)

kravmdjeff

So, how’s your knee?

By the way, everyone. Mr. Maryland trains at our facility. Name one other Krav Maga facility that can say that. And if he doesn’t try desperately to kick too high on a regular basis, he might actually have a chance to certify as an instructor someday.

mongo2k6

Re:

quote \”KravMDjeff\:

So, how’s your knee?

By the way, everyone. Mr. Maryland trains at our facility. Name one other Krav Maga facility that can say that. And if he doesn’t try desperately to kick too high on a regular basis, he might actually have a chance to certify as an instructor someday.

My knee is still sore. I think the knee wrap will be a regular part of my workout attire.

and thhppppppppppppppt >:oP

binagaki

Re:

[quote=\”chicochi\”]woo! Finally a topic on how great KravMD Columbia is. 😉

I may be biased (just a little) but our school is fantastic. I can’t imagine having nicer facilities or better instructors!

Watch out, you might make Jeff’s head bigger 😉

kravmdjeff

It’s an optical illusion. It’s actually the hair.

mongo2k6

Re:

quote \”KravMDjeff\:

It’s an optical illusion. It’s actually the hair.

Stuart Mackenzie: Look at the size of that boy’s head.
    Tony Giardino: Shhh!
    Stuart Mackenzie: I’m not kidding, it’s like an orange on a toothpick.
    Tony Giardino: Shhh, you’re going to give the boy a complex.
    Stuart Mackenzie: Well, that’s a huge noggin. That’s a virtual planetoid. Has it’s own weather system. HEAD! MOVE!
    Stuart Mackenzie: I’m not kidding, that boy’s head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Aye, now that was offsides, now wasn’t it? He’ll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: