Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics KMWW, CKM, IKMA, etc, etc, etc

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bradm

Re: KMWW, CKM, IKMA, etc, etc, etc

quote KevinMack:

But first and foremost the most important aspect of the original Krav Maga stance(forward outlet stance) is that its not really a “stance”. Its your natural walking stride. This way you dont have to get “into” a stance…you just are.

Very true, that’s the way it was taught to me anyway. Plus you are in the appearance of a passive stance – appearng not wanting to fight – but yet ready to unleash a powerful counter against a would be attacker.

tomo

quote KevinMack:

I have literally seen hundreds of street fights up close and I have never seen someone kicked in the groin.

You should have been in my seventh grade class. We has a girl in there who was an advanced groin strike master. All us guys were afraid of her. :Surprised:

tomo

quote BradM:

I wonder if that may be because most men consider the groin “sacred ground”. 🙂 However, if I felt the need and had the oppurnity to kick the groin I most likely would. Especially if it would prevent bodily injuty to me.

Attack me or my family and I promise that if I’m given the chance I’ll send ’em straight up to your throat. ;):

kmky

quote ghostvet:

Yeah… I think also there is a certain way of thinking in ‘civilized’ cultures (and I use that term loosely) today that consider the groin dirty fighting

I think a lot of that is also based on the fact that most forms of self-defense are based on ring sports where there are rules against striking below the belt. They may mention the groin strike as a possibility or a viable target but they do not drill it and sparring reinforces the idea that it is off the table.

bradm

quote KMKY:

I think a lot of that is also based on the fact that most forms of self-defense are based on ring sports where there are rules against striking below the belt. They may mention the groin strike as a possibility or a viable target but they do not drill it and sparring reinforces the idea that it is off the table.

Very true. I can remember back in the 1950’s when boxing was the predominant fighting sport (werstling was popular too), and little was known of martial arts and MMA wasn’t dreamed up yet, my Dad gave the following advise to my brother and me. He said if you get attacked or get in to it with a bully or someone bigger than you, kick them in the Ba–s, stomp on their head and run like he–. At the time, I didn’t know my Dad knew Krav Maga kidding) 🙂

sicpuppy

quote BradM:

At the time, I didn’t know my Dad knew Krav Maga kidding) 🙂

Dads know EVERYTHIING… at least that is what I want my kids to believe… lol

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: