Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations Krav in Alaska?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    true007

Hello All
    Just would like to know if there is anybody teaching KM in Anchorage, Alaska? or is there anybody who has learned and wants to start a class here in Anchorage, Alaska?

Peace,

True007 :abx:

Re: Krav in Alaska?

Hi True007,

Unfortunately, we do not have a training facility in Anchorage, Alaska. However, if you are still interested in learning more about Krav Maga, you may want to look into the Krav Maga videos at the following link, https://kravmaga.com/store/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=30.
    There is also new instructional Book COMPLETE KRAV MAGA that has just been published. It is written by Darren Levine (Chief Krav Maga Worldwide instructor) and John Whitman (4th Degree Black Belt Instructor). You can find the book on our website, http://www.kravmaga.com , in the ProShop under the book category.

Lastly, we host an Annual Krav Maga Summer Camp here in Los Angeles in August. For more information about this event, please continue to check the seminar page of the website at http://www.kravmaga.com/sem_sched.asp or e-mail Craig Paul at [email protected].

We are always open to school owners and Krav Maga enthusiasts who are interested in becoming licensees and teaching Krav Maga…so if you know of anyone, please let us know!

-Candice

true007

Hello Candice

Thank you for answering my question. My next question is if I train with the videos can I come down to LA and test? How is this done? My goal would be establish a school at one point in the future.

Peace,

True007

alfakrav

your in luck. My name is Jeremy Alf, I am a level 4 instructor and also Advanced force training instructor. I am going to be stationed in elmendorf AFB, AK this coming Aug 2009. I am looking forward to continuing my training. I am now teaching in San Antonio At the regional training center there. if you have any questions or can get people together I would like to start something up there, small and grow. if you need credentials you can see the website at http://www.911kravmaga.com or just email me at [email protected].

mara-jade

True,

I’ve been a member of San Antonio’s KM Center since it first opened. I can tell you you’re gonna have an absolute blast with Jeremy. Pete Hardy (the owner) puts all his instructors though hell in training.

Jeremy’s teaching rocks and hubby and I have learned so much from him and his lovely Mrsthumbsup

jack-sprat

hey alfakrav
    i was wondering if you were still going to be stationed up here in august and would be interested in starting a class and taking on students. i am currently going through the police academy and will be finished with my FTO in august and would love to begin learning KM to continue my training. I’d imagine there would be a fair amount of interest up here.
    Thanks!
    Matthew

mara-jade

PBI – Yes, Jeremy will be there in August – we got the official word from Pete at our center’s grand opening

I’m gonna miss him and Brooke

Does anyone know about training in Fairbanks, where I live? I live alone now since my husband’s deployed to Iraq this year and I really would like to learn some type of self-defense. Also, if I just buy a book or a video or something, is that really useful to train off of? How would I do it myself? Do I get a friend to be the “bad guy” so I can practice on them? Thanks!

mara-jade

There are the KM DVDs and the books. They’re great but I can tell you from experience they don’t replace having a real instructor tweaking your techniques.

I’ve been blessed having a great center before the KM books existed. We’ve got the DVDs but they won’t teach all moves for every level. I don’t think it was ever meant to.

Here’s the beginner book-definitely start here
    http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Step-Step-Easiest-Learn/dp/1569756619/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234225496&sr=8-4

Here’s the Complete KM one
    http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Krav-Maga-Self-Defense-Techniques/dp/1569755736/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234225528&sr=8-1

Here’s the DVDs
    http://www.amazon.com/Krav-Maga-Complete-5-DVD-Set/dp/B000246SY6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1234225528&sr=8-12

You can find them other places probably cheaper (DVD set may be harder to find) but just wanted to show you what they look like.

Best wishes on your training:wav:

So I already ordered the beginner book yesterday…..I am still wondering how I practice though? I don’t think anyone’s gonna let me practice with them…my friends are all scared of me cause I accidently broke my husband’s nose once 😛 I’ve never learned any martial art or anything before so I’m not sure how to practice alone, or if it would be safe to practice with people…..thanks for all your help, though!

haytkir

I am also in Anchorage and have been hoping a KM instructor would come here for some time now. Looking forward to your arrival Jeremy!

Good luck in your FTO Jack Sprat, I’m guessing KM will be a good compliment to the PPCT and 1-on-1 Control Tactics you had in your DT training.

jack-sprat

Yes, I am very much looking forward to Jeremy’s arrival and hope we can get some sort of class set up, I imagine that there will be enough interest in Anchorage.
    Haytkir, are you a LEO or prior? Just curious as not too many people know we use PPCT for DT. But I feel KM will compliment the force tactics we use nicely. I notice a lot of similarities, especially the gun and weapon disarm techniques but overall I feel there is a need for a larger skillset to have then the amount we are shown in the limited time at the academy.

alfakrav

I am glad there is alot of interest going about. I get alot of email at my 911kravmaga address. Keep them coming. Most of you that have emailed me I make it a point to email back answering questions that I am able. The only ones I cannot answer yet will be how much and where. I am currently depending on alot of you out there to look at either other martial arts schools that would rent me space once or twice a week. I am currently preparing for my brown belt instructors test in June. Any prayers or good lucks you can throw my way will be needed. John Whitman (yes the author of complete krav maga!!!!) will be doing the test and in that alone makes it a great honor. That and having learned all my krav here in San Antonio makes me very lucky.

Can’t wait to bring our style of krav to Alaska. (tough, to the point, yet fun) Definitely realistic

Jeremy

mara-jade

Brown belt already Jeremy? Dang, how time has flown. I know Pete’s working y’all hard. Thanks so much for the help you gave us at the Level 3 review yesterday. We know we’ve got work ahead of us and I appreciate the time you tookthumbsup

I’d mentioned to Jeremy yesterday y’all were waiting for him with baited breath(think that’s the term). Sounds like I wasn’t lying if he’s getting lots of emails. We’re gonna miss him and Brooke something awful but y’all are gaining some kick butt instruction – take advantage of it if you’re able.:D:

haytkir

Baited breath would be a good way to put it. Time for some reality based training, thank-you-very-much. =D

Good luck with your June test Jeremy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: