Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    crazy-train

Re: Krav in high school

quote jdawgmcb:

But knowing that i have the ability to defend myself if necessary really boosted my confidence, now hopefully i can start talking to girls…

give them an open invite to come watch or participate in a krav class. worked for me 😉

jendriel

Crazy_Train is right – first step is being aware of your environment. If you respond quickly to obviously aggressive acts, shout “Back Off” repeatedly, use defensive front kicks, and keep making it clear that you don’t want to be doing this, you should be okay… don’t forget how powerful a weapon your voice can be.

On a side note, we had a woman in my class who proved that your voice alone can work – she backed down a guy who was trying to get close to her claiming to need her help. Surprised the heck out of him that she would raise her voice and not go along with whatever his plans were. The guys at school might also be surprised – given that they still view you as the nerd.

greenbeanie

quote stevetuna:

For some of us, the thought of being in a physical confrontation comes a lot easier than for others.

It’s not easy being a kid today and for many of the social situations that they find themselves in, there are no black and white answers. Yes, some of us have no qualms about striking back and others are put in a quandary. See Go to Your Dark Side and When is Your When?.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: