Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav in Massachusetts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    rmd

Hey all…

I’m looking for a school in the eastern MA area that teaches Krav. I’ve read some posts in the forum. I’m looking for a school that teaches Krav without mixing anything else in, like kickboxing. I’m looking for the skills that will serve me in real life.

What would you seasoned Krav folks suggest?

Thanks for the input all and maybe we’ll meet on the mat some day!

Cheers,

Ryan

usnavy-233

Ryan,
    First, welcome.

Secondly,
    https://kravmaga.com/massachusets.asp

This link will give you all the Krav Maga Worldwide affliated schools is MA.

Hope that helps!

rcordpa

Krav in Mass

Hi Ryan,

The only pure hard core Krav school in eastern mass that I know for sure is the Boston one. I train at America’s Best Defense in Attleboro Falls and we do more of a Krav plus program. Our base is Krav but we add in Ju Jit Su, Muay Tai, and a few other techniques to strengthen our ground defense and to round out our stand up.

Good luck, Please post what else you find out.

Ray

rmd

Thanks folks…

Thanks for the help peeps…

usnavy_233, I checked out the page you recommended before I posted this topic. I’m looking for the place that doesn’t mix in too much of the \”art\” in martial art…looking for something more \”real life\”.

RCordPA, I read a post that talked some smack about what the guys in Boston were up to and wanted some feedback from others on the boards…post is here http://12.107.28.178/viewtopic.php?t=706&highlight=boston.

I’m really looking for something that will give me the skills I need on the street and get me back in shape…hardcore is what some would call it.

Thanks again folks for the replys and warm welcome.

Peace
    Ryan

jon-herman

RMD,

I think there is some confusion in that post you referenced.

The Boston school run by Dennis Amato is the real thing. I have had the opportunity to train with Dennis. While I can not speak for his drawing or painting skills, he is a skilled and talented KM instructor with a genuine concern for the student. Their program is right inline with KMNTC.

Jon

rmd

I think I’ve made my decision

Jon,

Thanks for the reply…I was looking for someone who had trained with him before and is familiar with true Krav, not mixed Krav…

Thanks so much for the guidance folks, this board has been a great help!

Ryan

grrr

RMD,
    I wanted to add my two cents re: the school in Attleboro and their program. I’ve trained there for a couple years now and have been very impressed with their professionalism and investment in their students. It’s true it is more of a combination of training with Krav at the core ,but, the realism that they offer and the \”practicality in the streets\” approach is definately worth it!

rmd

Grrr…

Thanks for the input, however Attleboro is just a little out of my prefered circle…As is the Boston school is at the limit of how far I would go, but thanks for the input. I’m sure this thread will come in handy for anyone in the area looking for good Krav schools.

Again, thanks Grrr and to the community for all the replies and suggestions.

Ryan

kurtuan

RMD,

I’ve had the pleasure of training at the Boston School with Dennis and it’s the real deal. Great school, great instructors, I highly recommend them.

Good luck,
    Kurt
    Krav Maga-Milwaukee

srob

Boston Krav Maga

Iíve been fortunate to train at the Boston school for several years and I love it. Both Dennis and Shawn are great instructors and are genuinely interested in helping their students. They only teach Krav Maga. There are some ground fighting classes and knife and stick classes taught by different instructors and some students take them to supplement their training, but the school is a pure Krav school. Its all adults, so no children running around.
    If anything, call Dennis or Shawn and schedule an introductory class and see if you like it. The intro class if free (I believe you can take a couple of classes for free before you make up your mind). Also talk to some students, especially level 2, 3 and 4, the ones whoíve been there for a while.
    If you are interested in Krav, you really should visit the school and take part in a class to see if you like it. Everybody has their own opinion and preferences, so be careful when soliciting an advice on the forum. Try it, see if the school is for you.
    BTW, here is the website http://www.kravmagaboston.com/
    Best of luck

greenbeanie

You probably remember the hot dog commercial that stated that it was 100% beef with no fillersÖ well that is Krav Maga Boston. If you want to add some condiments to your hot dog, like Serada Escrima and ground fighting, you can do that too. 😀

kravjeff

If nothing else, they have a kick ass website. 😉

kadima

I love the pics of everyone doing their sidekicks wrong..that is not a krav sidekick.

kravjeff

I’ll have to look again – I was paying attention to the graphics, the studio and the site itself. Didn’t notice the sidekicks.

kravmdjeff

Kadima, what’s wrong with them?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: