Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Krav Maga and being safe at home

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    kravnovice69
    Blocked

Re: Krav Maga and being safe at home

but i think the real enemy here is 9/11 and those Islamic Terrorists. They’re the real enemy, and we must start our own Jewish Militant group to combat this. If u want to join me, just refer to my signature below.

hebrewdewd
    Blocked

I don’t a militant group is quite necessary (unless we’re going after all the other inferior martial arts =P), although the terrorists are a problem. Does anyone feel they need to train harder because of the Al Qaeda treats after Bin Laden’s death?

sicpuppy

quote resqr1:

However, in some jurisdictions, having a beware of dog sign is an automatic admission that you have a vicious dog which opens you up to a lawsuit.

While in other jurisdictions, you may be required to have sign or you are negligent.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. :banghead:

quote HebrewDewd:

I don’t a militant group is quite necessary (unless we’re going after all the other inferior martial arts =P), although the terrorists are a problem. Does anyone feel they need to train harder because of the Al Qaeda treats after Bin Laden’s death?

As a veteran and federal employee, yes.

kmyoshi

I think for home security purposes using a shotgun over a handgun is a better choice. Not only are shotguns easier to hit targets with it’s spread in the heat of the moment but with birdshot you don’t have to worry about over-penetrating and accidentally hitting someone in the next room/next door over.

inky

I would never leave my dog unattended in the yard while I’m not at home. Too many wacko’s out there as well as devious thieves. But also my Pit/Bulldog is my companion not my protector or security system, it’s just a bonus that she’s an extra deterrent. (Prolly just lick the guy breakin in anyway ;-).
    a 12 or 20 gauge shotty with a light load is great protection in my book I.e.’ wide spread, no over penetration, no fumbling ease of use. Plus my dog drops and covers when she hears me rack it. Also CCI makes shot shell cartridges for .38 spcl / .357 mag that works very good at close range without over penetration and has a nice spread.
    Anyone deciding to go Shotgun for home defense would be wise to pick up Massad Ayoob’s book Stressfire 2: tactical shotguns. Or any Massad Ayoob, Clint Smith, John Farnem book. Watchin Dirty Harry just don’t cut it.
    just my .02 cents.

inky

I love it! thumbsup

quote CJs Dad:

One look at KAOS and they make an appointment.
    kmyoshi

This?

I’m actually looking to purchase my first shotgun and handgun in the next few months. Was thinking of a Mossberg 500 pump action. What say you?

I’ll look into picking up the shotgun book too… as well as the other KM books/DVD from David Khan. Amazon is going to be getting a lot of my business this holiday season:D:

I’m a fan of the Remington 870 series shotguns, or the Benelli M4. Check out Magpul’s “The Art of the Dynamic Shotgun” 3-disc series. Magpul produces some quality training material.
    http://store.magpul.com/product/DYN005/76

inky

+1 for “The Art of the Dynamic Shotgun” 3-disc series and i love my Cruiser 500 got it for $150 with short/long barrels long/pistol grips and 2 socks. thumbsup also +1 for the Remington 870. no exp with Beneli.

quote TacticalTimmy:

I’m a fan of the Remington 870 series shotguns, or the Benelli M4. Check out Magpul’s “The Art of the Dynamic Shotgun” 3-disc series. Magpul produces some quality training material.
    http://store.magpul.com/product/DYN005/76

Carried the M4/M1014 for about 6 months while TAD to a security force in 2003 and we had some in our platoon in a 2006 deployment to Fallujah. Very nice, semi-auto, gas powered shotgun. Love it, just wish I could afford it.

navyone

If you are going the personal weapon path, make sure you get training or go to the range on a semi-regular basis. . .

Concur. Just like Krav, you can’t learn it once and expect to remain proficient at it without any kind of practice, and once every six months won’t cut it.

inky

Finally have my roomies on board to keeping a few blunt objects near certain point in the house and I’m taken my liberal left wing landlord out to the range for his first shooting experience. going to start with safety, disassemble, how to draw, stances and positions, then go for targets. Stress fire will prolly start another day.

Oh to bad this was due to a women getting murdered down the street last Friday. less than 1/4th a mile from home.

kmyoshi

Sad to hear, was this within the premises of her home or out on the street?

I need to visit the gun range more often.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: