Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga as a self defense system?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    kravron

Hmmm ok…being a gun fanatic myself figured I would put my two cents in.

1) One round through any handgun will not sufficiently heat the barrel to cause serious burn injuries to your hand. 10 – 12 rounds maybe…but not one.

2) Any cuts you get from the slide of an automatic weapon will be minor….and not very deep. Kinda like cutting yourself on a barbwire fence.

3) The Krav defense of actually grabbing the barrel like we do causes two things to happen.
    a) Your hand on the slide of an automatic weapon prevents the weapon from properly rechambering a round. Which causes a jam in the weapon and prevents it from firing a second round. (ever wonder why on our gun defenses once we have taken the weapon and stepped back we cycle the chamber?) There was a video posted on this forum from the european guys where they demonstrated this on a live firing handgun.
    b) Provides the best available way to control/disarm a handgun. There is simply no other place to grab. Simply grabbing an arm/wrist is dangerous with a handgun because I can probably still shoot you.

You guys can believe me or not, but I have not seen any other handgun disarm as easy and effective as Krav. Sure there are other good ones out there…….if you can learn all the complicated things you need to learn to get them to work.

You dont have to believe me though…I am just a lowly gun owner who likes shooting his weapon off. 😆

andre

Yes, it’s sad when you have to point out sarcasm.

chguise

Actually, sarcasm doesn’t carry well in a written forum unless everyone is familiar with you and your posts. As a matter of fact, sarcastic comments cause a great many misunderstandings on many boards.

So since you’re directing this at me, sarcasm is usually in italics or quotes (as in not your actual opinion).

andre

While this is sometimes an ineffectual medium, it defeats the purpose to have to point out sarcasm. Because much like an in person meeting, there are people that just don’t get it, irregardless.

kravron

Re:

quote \”Andre\:

While this is sometimes an ineffectual medium, it defeats the purpose to have to point out sarcasm. Because much like an in person meeting, there are people that just don’t get it, irregardless.

^^^ So True!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: