Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga experts/instructors that AREN’T widely known

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    esquire32

Re: Krav Maga experts/instructors that AREN’T widely known

Trainerto max:

I can offer this bit of insight.. I attended a two day seminar ( plus an additional instructors workshop) with Avi and can say he is a top notch practitioner. He is very reminiscent of old school traditional martial art instructors and is quietly humorous, but deadly serious in his training. He is a no nonsense, straight to the point, not afraid to give ya a lil wake up whack, high expectation teacher. That was my experience anyways.

Also, my understanding is he was Eli Avikizars first black belt ( who was Imi’s first black) and goes way back. In fact, I think he was part of the first team that came over to the U.S way back. Look up K.A.M.I–Krav Magen. Anways, other insights would be great.

esquire32

To the question re: Wingate etc.

My understanding is that there is Wingate Institute ( Dr. Guy Mor head) and then there is the Zinman College for Physical Education and Sport Sciences at the Wingate Institue through which Avi is heading the course and such. He is on their website as well as the fact that the proposed instructor certicifcates will be signed by the leaders of that academic institute. It appears both colleges are sanctioned, licensed schools. My understanding is that Zinman is the more professional (dare say graduate level) of the institutions, but I am no expert. It appears , and I caution to say this, that Avi is most definitely a more direct lineage in Krav than at least what I see as the heads of the martial Arts section on the “Wingate Institute” website.

I also know Mr. Levine posted a high recommendation for Avi recently on the Wingate College facebook page which in my view says alot.

haimzut

quote KevinMack:

A few other names:

1. Nir Maman – many of you have heard about him but if you ever get the opportunity to train with him…take it!

2. Guy Cohen – A Haim Zut black belt who was very active in the 80s. He lived in Philly for a short time and trained with Alan F. and his students so I have always heard a lot of great things. Many of the Israeli instructors still talk about him with respect. Considered one of the best KM fighters.

3. Chalacho Balai and Ilon Fadlan – Two Haim Zut black belts that I got the chance to train with last year. Great fighters and instructors. Also very friendly and approachable. My instructor always used to say that Haim Zut made the best fighters.

4.Shachar Klarfeld – used to run the KM program in the IDF for a long time. Now works with Eyals KMG.

5. Miki Asulin – has the distinction of being one of the original 10 who received a black belt from Imi. Was working with the IKMF for awhile. Not sure about now.

6. Ron Rotem – Eli Avikzar student and K.A.M.I instructor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoJyOHX4cuQ

I agree with you about Haim Zut and his students. I had an opportunity to train for 5 months with Chalacho and Ilon. They were excellent at teaching technique and they were always willing to help. They also would not hesitate to push you to your limits and beyond. Chalacho just started a company that helps train security, police, and military. There are several videos of it on you tube. I recommend watching them.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: