Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Krav Maga Lifestyle "principles of defense"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    kevinmack

I posted this in the wrong section before. feel free to delete that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxvhWEeXMKw

kevinmack

Re: Krav Maga Lifestyle "principles of defense"

Imi’s defensive strategy for multiple attackers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9MxzuwoGF4

I love this/drills like this. Just asked Sean if we could try it in class.

pinkgloves

quote Metta World Krav Maga:

Just asked Sean if we could try it in class.

Why must LA be so far away? :(:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote PinkGloves:

Why must LA be so far away? :(:

That’s funny, I was just thinking why does Kevin have to be so far away LOL

kevinmack

I dont live far away. I live in the center of the universe….the northeast United States.

S/Gloves, do those drills (Kevin’s and Sean’s, and of course Imi’s) in your classes! Do this one, Shark Tank, Dogpile, Safety Zone, Targets of Opportunity (focus mitts), etc. Ask your main guy (Patrick?) to teach a Level 4/5 drills class so it’s not just you teaching. Then when you get bored come back to Sherman Oaks for more fun. BTW, where I’m dying to visit for KM field trips (aside from of course Israel) is Miami and Philly and Rio. One day.

This one was from Christian’s class about a month ago, really fun and stressful. Think he said he got it from Ryan Hoover. Didn’t give it a name.

Groups of 4, no gear except mouthpiece and cup, mma gloves optional for person in middle.

1 person in middle (like I just said)
    3 attackers
    — 1 hitting person in middle with tombstone pad
    — 1 with focus mitts calling out combinations for person in middle and pushing them around (onto floor, into walls, etc.)
    — 1 administering level 1-3 chokes/headlocks/bearhugs on person in middle

3 1-2 minute rounds per person (don’t remember exact time)
    — round 1 person in middle starts on their feet
    — round 2 person in middle starts on their knees, resets every 15 seconds or so
    — round 3 person in middle starts face down, resets every 15 seconds or so

As with most KM drills, all 3 attackers applying constant pressure, person in middle has to stay calm, not get overwhelmed and exhausted, not quit, counter cleanly and effectively, express bad intentions with each defense.

pinkgloves

Oooh, I like that!!!! Thanks so much for sharing! :D:

I’m going on my next training trip next weekend. Super excited about it! This will be a very short trip though, only the weekend. A trip back to Sherman Oaks is definitely in order! I think Kyle is coming to visit in August. That’ll have to suffice until I can make it back to LA. Thanks again for sharing the drill and take care!

pinkgloves

Do this one, Shark Tank, Dogpile, Safety Zone, Targets of Opportunity (focus mitts), etc.

What is safety zone?

Safety Zone (aka Hollywood Safety Zone) is a new drill we did after talking about how people have been getting jumped more and more in Hollywood (the neighborhood, not like Emma Stone and Channing Tatum are jumping Tom Cruise at the Golden Globes). Anyway…

full gear
    3-5 people per side facing each other, staggered (this is important)
    — about 7-9 feet between sides
    — about 3-5 feet between people on same side
    1 person in middle

person in middle starts on one end (safety zone) and has to run back and forth between this and the other safety zone across the room
    person in middle has to stay in the middle
    2-2 minute rounds per person in the middle (non consecutive)

1st round you (as person in middle) fight each person (50-60%) when you enter their zone
    since attackers are staggered you’ll enter 2 and often 3 zones at once
    this means you’ll be fighting up to 3 people at once
    once you’re out of their zone, you keep going, fighting next person/people until you reach the safety zone
    once in the safety zone, you’re allowed to catch your breath for a few seconds and then have to go back in to get to the other side
    you keep doing this (going back and forth) until the bell rings and you can collapse

2nd round the same, only you’re not allowed to throw any combatives
    this one’s more psychological/strategic, even as you’re getting pounded on more (side note: everyone kind of makes allowances for people’s size and limits — we all know each other so we’re very hard on each other but not trying to kill our classmates if their head is wide open — we’ll hit it, and hard, but not so as to knock anyone out, especially since things have a way of coming back around…)

That’s pretty much it. It sounds complicated but it’s basically an aggressive and intense 2 minute 3 on 1 fighting drill. Engage, get to safety, what’s that over there, deal with it, get to safety, who’s coming at me now from this side, get to safety, that kick to my ribs really hurt, can’t worry about it, just get to the…

Safety Zone

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Meta, will you be my biographer? I need like a list of my own drills before I forget them LOL.

quote CJs Dad:

Meta, will you be my biographer? I need like a list of my own drills before I forget them LOL.

Yes! It’ll be like Saul Rubinek and Richard Harris in Unforgiven, except that they never meet Gene Hackman.

Anyway, top of my head…

Dogpile
    Rihanna (footwork)
    Safety Zone
    Shark Tank
    Target Opportunities (focus mitts)
    Vampire Hunter (moving from one attacker to the next until none are left)

I know I’m forgetting a bunch but those are a good place to start.

kmyoshi

Great, the week I’m back in town and it’s July 4th….. looks like I’ll be seeing you guys next week.

pinkgloves

Safety Zone (aka Hollywood Safety Zone) is a new drill we did after talking about how people have been getting jumped more and more in Hollywood (the neighborhood, not like Emma Stone and Channing Tatum are jumping Tom Cruise at the Golden Globes). Anyway…

LOL!

That is awesome! Thank you so much for the explanation and sharing. I ran Christian’s drill you wrote about yesterday in my class last night. They LOVED it! I’ve never seen people so happy to be stressed out and pushed around. It was fantastic! :D:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: