Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga while SCUBA diving

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

So, is that type of weapon also used outside of the water? Could a person be saved after having been attacked with it, or is such an attack always fatal? Can you inject the compressed air anywhere, or just at a specific spot? Maybe we should all carry such a weapon, then we wouldn’t even need Krav Maga…. 😉

usnavy-233

All very good questions to which I do not have a definitive answer. I would assume based on simple physics (or my interpretation of them anyway) that the concept would work on land just as well. As for a specific spot, I would assume any spot would be affective but in or around a major organ, etc would be most lethal. Again, I don’t know for sure, just mmy opinion on the subject.

clfmak

\”So, is that type of weapon also used outside of the water? Could a person be saved after having been attacked with it, or is such an attack always fatal? Can you inject the compressed air anywhere, or just at a specific spot?\”

Aside from the damage the inflation does to the organ it hits and the pressure exerted on the surrounding tissues, it creates the problem of air in the blood. This becomes an embolism, which can cause a heart attack or stroke:
    http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.aspx?printPage=1&articleId=9

\”Maybe we should all carry such a weapon, then we wouldn’t even need Krav Maga….\” Actually for the last few hundred years they’ve been making these weapons called \”guns\” and martial arts still exist. 😉

anonymous

But seems like this would be easier to carry and not look very dangerous at first glance. One might even be able to make a key chain out of it…. 😉

usnavy-233

\”But seems like this would be easier to carry and not look very dangerous at first glance. One might even be able to make a key chain out of it…. \”

Ouch!, I’d hate to have a CO2 catridge with a needle on the front in my pocket or bouncing against my side on a belt loop.

anonymous

Well, one would have to include a safety button of course. You wouldn’t want to inadvertently explode on your way to the store…

clfmak

Those fluid injecters in Blade come to mind.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: