Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav related exercises?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

I have my Krav membership and a regular gym membership. I’m looking for some help with exercises and routines to step up my game at Krav. Especially with my level 2 test. I’m a real heavy hitter, but I lose steam in the shark pit*** after about 45 seconds (it was a lot shorter when I first started). Any thoughts on what I can do?

***Shark pit- Everyone in class grabs a tombstone and stands around one person in the middle. Person in the middle hammer fists for 60-90 seconds non-stop.

pinkgloves

Re: Krav related exercises?

quote SouthernBlood:

***Shark pit- Everyone in class grabs a tombstone and stands around one person in the middle. Person in the middle hammer fists for 60-90 seconds non-stop.

Will you expand on this a bit more? Is the striker moving from pad to pad? If so, are the pad holders calling the striker’s name to tell him/her when to move? Are the pad holders pushing the striker with the pads?

I don’t mean to ignore your question. I will let those more knowledgeable than me answer it.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote PinkGloves:

Will you expand on this a bit more? Is the striker moving from pad to pad? If so, are the pad holders calling the striker’s name to tell him/her when to move? Are the pad holders pushing the striker with the pads?

I don’t mean to ignore your question. I will let those more knowledgeable than me answer it.

Thats the way I do “Shark Tank” and the pad holders hold differantly each time. The same can be done with advanced weap students, gun, stick, knife, bat whatever.

wds2

We do a version where the striker is surrounded by the pad holders with eyes closed. Pad holders take turns bumping the striker (not trying to knock him down, just an attention getter), who then opens eyes, turns and begins hitting.

pinkgloves

Both of those sound like versions we do. Although, our drills don’t have cool names.

splatcat

Hmm. I don’t know how long you’ve been training, but 45 seconds isn’t particularly shabby (if that’s sustained, near-continuous punching). I remember reading not too long ago that fighting is more of an anaerobic activity than aerobic, & that fighting well is impacted more by whether or not you’ve had a good breakfast than whether or not you can run a marathon. To a large extent, that made sense to me, since you’re utilizing the energy stored in your muscles. Experimenting with diet might be a good “first step” in that process.

I’ve also tried to ensure that I take a bit of a B-vitamin complex & CoQ10 supplements on nights before I train (because both are supposed to help you get the maximum energy from the food you eat), but I honestly don’t know if it’s provided much benefit to me beyond what I get in my everyday diet. Worst case, I’m creating expensive urine… :dunno:

Good luck!

wds2

quote PinkGloves:

Both of those sound like versions we do. Although, our drills don’t have cool names.

To be honest, we don’t either. Or if we do, I don’t know them.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I name everything and when instructors come here for training or we send someone out for a seminar it just sticks. I get a kick when things like “pez despenser” or “crack eggs” comes back around.

gwalsh-d92

quote CJs Dad:

I name everything and when instructors come here for training or we send someone out for a seminar it just sticks. I get a kick when things like “pez despenser” or “crack eggs” comes back around.

“pez despenser”
    Ha! That one never gets old. I use it frequently.

pinkgloves

quote CJs Dad:

We use the pez analogy when teaching side control knees. I am not familiar with the cracking eggs analogy. :(:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote PinkGloves:

We use the pez analogy when teaching side control knees. I am not familiar with the cracking eggs analogy. :(:

Pez is mine :0

Crack eggs is any groin palm strike

unstpabl1

quote CJs Dad:

Your kenpo roots are showing;):

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

lol

kevinmack

Try to utilize your time by making your exercises KM specific. At the end of most of my classes I always show my students something they can do at home in order to practice what I just taught. It may not be the whole technique but rather the specific body mechanic that makes it work. You can mix those in with body weight/mobility exercises to make it a good workout as well. I think I might shoot a short “solo drills for Krav Maga” video.

pinkgloves

quote CJs Dad:

Crack eggs is any groin palm strike

I like it!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: