Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re:

quote \”Full Force\:

What are the time requirements to test for Yellow belt and between the different belts?

I’ll be in my office in about an hour I’ll pull a booklett out and check for you.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

From the KMWW Student Handbook

KM Level 1

This entry level class is designed for all new Krav Maga students. The goal of the class is to teach the basics of self defense and fighting. Students will learn Krav Magaís fighting stance, movement, various punches, kicks from a fighting position as well as from the ground, elbows, knees, and how to defend against punchís, chokes, headlocks and wrist grabs. Students who train an average of two to three times per week should expect to complete the curriculum in 4 months before testing into KM level 2.

My Note: personal results many very and typically its up to your individual instructors to review you and ultimately make the decision to move you up.

I believe there is also a minimum class requirement so hypothetically if you take 4-5 classes a week and gain 30 classís in under 2 months then you would cut the 4 months in half.

full-force

Thank You Very Much

dkatman

It was stated as 40 classes. Other than that, the math works out like the timetables given.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re:

quote \”DKatman\:

It was stated as 40 classes. Other than that, the math works out like the timetables given.

I was close.. just didn’t remember off the top of my head 🙂

soulburn18

So to get certified do you go to a training facility for x number of days and then test at the end of the course?

dkatman

Well, it was more like, after you have been training for quite a while and felt confident with the material, you ask an instructor to evaluate you for the next test. There was a form for an instructor to sign and then they would verify at the front desk that you also met the class requirements to test.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re:

quote \”SoulBurn18\:

So to get certified do you go to a training facility for x number of days and then test at the end of the course?

Thatís just a student level 1 to level 2 test material, or are you talking about an instructor certification course?

soulburn18

CJ, Instructor level.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re:

quote \”SoulBurn18\:

CJ, Instructor level.

Ahhh gotcha

Thereís a totally different criteria its called ìphase trainingî which is broken up phase A, B, C etc then expert 1, 2, yada yada

And thatís even split into licensee programs and in house instructors.

In short its a long drawn out process. You might do a search here in the forums for \”phase\” I’ve seen lots of posts on it.

soulburn18

Ahhh, thanks. I’d like to see the curriculum for the Instructor Certifications. I’ll do some research.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: