Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    charlie1

Looking for advice on working out/classes the week prior to the test please. I’m taking the Level 1 test this Saturday and have gone to class both on Monday and Tuesday. I’ve been having some issues with minor left shoulder soreness over the last few weeks and haven’t really been able to rest it much as I’ve tried to get in more class time. I have gone to about 45 classes since May and think I’m ready knowledge-wise. I think I should be good as far as stamina, but I’m almost 46 and have never have worked out for 6-8 hours straight.

I can’t wait to start level 2.

jjbklb

Re: Level 1 Test

1 week won’t make any difference in your conditioning.Rest up to get rid of that shoulder soreness.Good luck.

kmyoshi

Yup! If you have soreness definitely let your body rest as what the instructors are looking for is a “don’t quit” attitude from you. Also, from what others have told me: the test is 4 hours with the first 3 being basically any other class you attend where they teach you the curriculum but this time they’re going reviewing it rather than teaching you. The 4th hour is when they test you and you have to go all out! Drink plenty of fluids too! Good luck!

revobuzz

Rest your shoulder.

lions2011

I already past level 1 and I never received my yellow belt award. Are you supposed to get one lol.

I was hoping for some yellow belt diploma in Hebrew or something.
    :Unsure:

lions2011

i am taking my Orange test in March i think for sure.
    Then Green in September.

My ultimate goal is too get a green belt but more important is to learn the Core moves from Level 1-3 is the most important.

charlie1

Passed the level 1 test We had a 4.5 hour seminar and then a 4 hour test. I probably drank 48oz of Gatorade (and wish I had more) and at least that much water.

sicpuppy

quote lions2011:

I already past level 1 and I never received my yellow belt award. Are you supposed to get one lol.

I was hoping for some yellow belt diploma in Hebrew or something.
    :Unsure:

Does KMWW maintain a listing of everyone who completed various levels of Krav, or just for the instructors?

Does one get a certificate or anything when they pass a level?

Just wondering…

mara-jade

From what I remember, your scores are sent to KMWW-the certificates from there. I always heard the term ‘belt’ (maybe from way back when, dunno exactly) but my ‘belts’ are all certificates

brigz

yeah i just did my level 1 test and we are receiving a certificate that is being signed in L.A. then shipped back to us that was one difficult test though and im excited for level 2

kmyoshi

quote Charlie1:

Passed the level 1 test We had a 4.5 hour seminar and then a 4 hour test. I probably drank 48oz of Gatorade (and wish I had more) and at least that much water.

Whoa so you had an 8.5 hour test?! I just took mine yesterday, it was 4.5 hours total with 3.5 hours of workshop and an hour of testing.

charlie1

Really just a 4 hour test with the other 4.5 hours of review. I heard our level 2 test is about the same amount of time. I’m glad I can rest easy for a while and just enjoy the classes, as that test is probably at least 6-months away.

kmyoshi

That’s still a long time!

The workshop you didn’t have to go 100% (you were actually told not to go 100%) but I was still going about 50-80% to try to conserve my energy but also not slack off which would have probably affect my test negatively later as I wouldn’t have been warmed up, etc. I was pretty fatigued by the time the test came but like I said, the entire test including workshop was 4.5 hours for me. So I’ve got to give you props for grueling it out for 8.5 hours TOTAL. A 4 hour test is still a long time!

Where are you attending your classes by the way? Just curious as I’m wondering why there was such a time difference between your test and mine.

charlie1

Austin, TX Definitely a sense of accomplishment and confidence builder afterwards, but then humbled a bit after starting from the bottom again in level 2.

jacgue36

Congrats!!! Keep on moving!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: