Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Level 1 test this weekend.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

When I took my level 1 test, I had to go with a guy, who was about twice my size. Each time he kicked the pad, I flew halfway across the room, but I made it through okay. So, don’t worry, you’ll be fine! 😉

esiley

Common sense prevails.

Eat a good meal the night before, get plenty of rest. It’s not a good idea to go out drinking or stay up late.
    Hydrate yourself and have a light breakfast the day of the test
    Focus, focus, focus during the seminar. This is your chance to cram. Ask questions when you have them.
    Light snack and hydrate after the seminar and before the test.
    Focus during the test, just like the seminar.
    Good plucks on choke defenses, explosive counters and movement are what we are looking for.

We did a Yellow Belt test 2 weeks ago in KC. We spent a good deal of time on the seminar. It was about 7 hours, including seminar and test. Everyone was in good shape and the striking looked good. Everyone looked worse on the simple stuff than the harder things, but passed. I took this more as a point for our instructors than students. Make sure your inside defenses and 360’s are really good. It is so obvious when they aren’t. On self-defense, escape and counter explosively.

The more tired you get, the more fighting spirit you should show. Don’t point out your own screw-ups by stopping and showing frustration. Just keep going! We try to catch you doing it right and showing you know the technique and are capable of doing it.

kravmdjeff

I echo what esiley said about not showing your mistakes.

If you screw up a defense, screw it up with lots of aggression! The instructors who are testing you know it won’t be 100% perfect…but aggression is something you can ALWAYS make a choice to have. Besides, if you do it strong, you’ll find that the technical side usually works out better too. And don’t apologize for anything!

gary

How did you make out?!?! Gary

jarcher

Re:

quote \”Gary\:

How did you make out?!?!

I don’t know yet for sure. After 6 hours of running, punching, kicking, defending, blah blah blah the two instructors said they would have to get together, compare notes and they would post a list of who passed on Monday! They did say that from appearances it appears that everyone passed. I think it well though.

brotherobin

so… what’s the word?

jarcher

Re:

quote \”brotherobin\:

so… what’s the word?

Oh, I’m sorry. I passed. The whole class (all 11 of us) did.

Thanks for asking!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: