Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Level one test last night

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    mr-bty68

Re: Level one test last night

Congrats!

ruger45

Congrats!

krave-krav

I just took the Level 1 test this past weekend and it was tough. I haven’t been that fatigued:chair: in years. The chief instructor and his #2 conducted the exam. It was a great feeling having finished.

:(:Now for the doom and gloom…I found out today that I didn’t pass it. Aaaaahhhhh!!!
    I am too bummed (more like PO’d) for words (almost). I for sure thought I passed the test with flying colors. I was on a mental high all week until tonight. Have you guys experienced anything like this and how did you deal with it? Jack and Coke:beer:, kicking the cat, or a nice private “Pity Party”?
    I was told to ask the person who tested me what I failed on and what to do next, so I guess I’ll wait until Saturday for that.

miriam

First, don’t be so hard on yourself. PLENTY of people don’t pass their first level one test – and I’m not just saying that to give you a false “cheer up chat”.

Yes, definitely talk to your instructor. Listen first, and try to keep an open mind and really hear what he or she has to say about your performance. I don’t want to give qualitative comments without knowing more, but most likely if you truly believed you performed well, you’ll find out what prevented a passing score and nail it next time.

And please…don’t kick the kitty cat!

Jack & Coke’ll do just fine.

saruotoko

Miriam is right, “Krave.” We administered a test a couple of weeks ago where a significant percentage of those taking the test didn’t pass. It happens. You were given good advice about next steps.

Meet with the instructor to find out what things you need to improve on, and what things went well for you during the test. It won’t take long to make the requested improvements and you’ll be ready to jump into Level 2 before you know it.

I personally, would go for a nice meal on the Riverwalk. Or I’m sure there’s a nice Tex-Mex place on Fredericksburg near your school. 🙂

susie

Hey, no pitty party. You completed the test. That is success in its own right. I agree speak to the instructor. My guess is some techniques need improvement. Find out which ones and drill them. Keep working at it, keep going and keep learning.

Congrats on completing the test and good luck for next time. I know there will be a next time. Stay strong.

mara-jade

quote Krave Krav:

I just took the Level 1 test this past weekend and it was tough. I haven’t been that fatigued:chair: in years. The chief instructor and his #2 conducted the exam. It was a great feeling having finished.

:(:Now for the doom and gloom…I found out today that I didn’t pass it. Aaaaahhhhh!!!
    I am too bummed (more like PO’d) for words (almost). I for sure thought I passed the test with flying colors. I was on a mental high all week until tonight. Have you guys experienced anything like this and how did you deal with it? Jack and Coke:beer:, kicking the cat, or a nice private “Pity Party”?
    I was told to ask the person who tested me what I failed on and what to do next, so I guess I’ll wait until Saturday for that.

OH..you had Pete and I saw Jeremy & Armando in there too. Nah, pity party you don’t need. It’s alot to say you even took the sucker and didn’t give up. Just ask what you need to work on – work on it and wait for the next go around of tests.:wav:

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: