Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Looking for inspirational stories pertaining to women

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    abeast

oh my… you gals have encouraged my signif other. She is going to start the intro of the next KMDC.!!!!!! I am soooo excited. Hopefully , at home she can hold the focus mits, I bought for home use, right!!!!

wifemirage

Thank you Leftie79. I only wish there was a Borders around here. 🙁

leftie79

Your welcome Wifemirage.

jops

Wifemirage-

You may also want to check out this site:

http://www.fastdefense.com/

Look under the section \”Success Stories\” on the lefthand side.

We’ve had Bill Kipp do a few seminars at our location. I had the opportunity to just recently have him come to our class. This guy is really good and I would encourage you to persue any seminar put on by FAST Defense.

Or perhaps try this link:

http://www.sanfordstrong.com/book2.html

Yes it is great to have someone to look at for inspiration, however, it is of my own personal opinion that the every-day person can tell a greater story of triumph and the power of the human spirit.

Truely Yours,

Me

wifemirage

Cool!

Thanks Jops!
    \”Courage is overcoming fear, not being fearless.\” Fear can paralyze and panic the strongest of us or fill the weakest with courage beyond any degree they’ve ever knownócourage driven by a rage-filled determination. Which it will be for you, if you are ever targeted for a violent crime, depends on which you fear most: injury against yourself in trying to escape or control by the attacker and his crimes against you? \”.
    http://www.sanfordstrong.com/book2.html

For some reason, I never thought of courage that way. I am going to make myself remember, \”Courage is overcoming fear, not being fearless.\”, for the next time I have to put up with my ex-spouses crap.

\”…someone can be traumatized and conditioned to freeze for years or decades after just one bad experience…\” http://www.fastdefense.com/fast.html

I have learned that there are those people out there, of either sex, that will also use this weakness against the person they are trying to hurt/manipulate. One of the hardest things is realizing what is happening since it may have been such a gradual process and taking the first steps to stop giving control to the victimizer. It is like coming out of a deep fog and into intense sunshine. 10 years is a long time to live in the fog but I am not giving him control any longer. It is my life and I am taking it back.
    Wifemirage

anonymous

Hey wifemirage!

I just read a review in the LA Times about a new documentary called \”Lipstick and Dynamite – The First Ladies of Wrestling\” which is about professional female wrestlers from 1940 until the 1970’s.

I haven’t actually seen it, but it has a pretty good review and I thought it might interest you. It is directed by a woman and mostly produced by women.

The ex-wrestlers are being interviewed, most grew up under pretty tough circumstances and then found wrestling, became real good at it and then started competing professionally. Some apparently still train and the documentary has a lot of footage from their early fights.

It’s out in limited release, probably NY or LA, but it might come to a a town near you soon. Or at least it will be on DVD or TV at some point. So just watch out for it.

The director is called \”Ruth Leitman\” and some of the fighters are named \”Gladys ‘Kill’em’ Gillem, \”Mae Young\” and \”Lillian Anderson\” in case you want to google it.

Good luck!! 😀

wifemirage

Thanks Giantkiller, I haven’t seen it the actual film but I have seen it online. Thanks for telling me about it. 😀

anonymous

You’re welcome!! 8)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: