Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics More on bashing Krav Maga

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

KMSF,

Why dont we leave upgrading the krav maga on the israelis. They test…They created…They still need to improve, if there is new challenge, right?

Lets not act there is no groundfight in KM,,,THere is, and this is great. Do we need to put BJJ stuff in KM? Why, Krav Maga is not sport, BJJ is sport like.

Do we need muaz thai techniques to Krav? Upgrading? Yes. Changing things without control, because bjj and muaz thai has great impact on the USA? It is crazy. Beleive me, those Israelis are testing the system like nobody else…

I can see Kapap, Lotar, Fight too. Are they any good? I have seen many videos from Moni Azik, Avi Nardia, Mike Kanarek. Come on people, just look at the way they move…Check the concepts. The logic.

What I see – as a forigner – there are a bunch of Israelis in the US just wanna make some dollars on americans. \”Yes, I have my so dangerous, super secret, ultimate killing system, and I am – of course the only rep of it – teaching you – or certifie you – for x thousands of Dollars. And the some great people just get fed up by this moneymakers.

I have bought black belt magazine. Man, you guys could not sell this magazine in Europe. Be blackbelt by distance learning…What?????

Anyway, I know many top krav maga people in Israel. I have been fighting with them, trained with them, got beat up by them. They know what are they talkin about.

IMHO

reverend-sin

Hur hur hur

I’m not entirely sure what the Argument is about, but I think people that bash particular styles of Martial Art need to do more reading and training. For instance on another forum I recently had a guy say that groundfighting was USELESS in a real world fight because it left you too vulnerable and after a brief argument he admitted that he’d never trained BJJ, Pankration or even Sambo, but rather he had been doing Krav Maga and even it was only a Stun & Run martial art.

Personally I think no single Combat Martial Art is better than the other, there are only fighters that are better than others. Comparing Muay Thai (which I train in) and TKD is stupid because one is a Combat Martial Art and one is a Sport Martial Art. That’s like comparing BJJ and Yoga! Both are Martial Arts but each has specific applications, Yoga IS a Martial Art, but it’s a Religious Martial Art rather than Combat or Sport.

One thing that I really loved was in the Jet Li movie \”Fist of Legend\” when the old Japanese man was talking to Jet Li and he said that the KEY to being a good fighter is to ADAPT. It’s not up to the Martial Art to Adapt, it’s up to the Martial Artist to Adapt. By adapting to your opponent and having a better rounded education you’ll become a better overall fighter.

Even within Combat Martial Arts there are different applications for each style, some styles are better for extended hand to hand combat, some are about disabling your opponent quickly and efficiently. Krav Maga is still new, like was said before it’s only about 50 years old, so of course it’s going to change and adapt, but the only thing that can be \”official\” Krav Maga is something that is determined by the Israelis, the only way to keep Scheisters in America from fleecing us poor people is to set up a nationwide training council that works with the government in each country to require rules and limitations for setting up a school. Because unlike Muay Thai or BJJ and the Greco Roman Wrestling Combat Arts which have been around for thousands of years, Krav Maga is new and it will HAVE to adapt because our enemy will continue to adapt. 300 years ago they didn’t have to worry about disarming a gun, now we do.

The Style shapes the Fighter, but the Fighter Shapes the Fight, without adaptation you will never grow and become a better fighter, and someone will eventually come along and put you in your place.

Arguing over \”OMG THIS Martial Art is better than THAT one\” is stupid and a waste of time, mostly because of the ignorance of the people arguing. 6 months in One Martial Art will not make you better than anyone except maybe someone with no training and even then an experienced bar brawler with no background in Martial Arts might take you down, and comparing a Combat Art and a Sport Art, or even a Religious Art is pointless, you might as well say \”Muay Thai vs Football Player! Lets see who wins!\”

Krav Maga in my opinion fills a hole in my training that I needed filled. That’s why I take it, like I said before, I’m taking Muay Thai, Pankration, Krav Maga, and will be taking Kali, Silat, Eskrima, Sambo and maybe even Capoeira, not because I believe one is better than the other, but because I believe the unique styles will make me an overall better fighter.

And I’m very suprised about the amount of people who have NEVER trained in one style argue about how weak it is compared to another, and I’m even more suprised about the amount of people that haven’t trained AT ALL that argue about which is better.

Stupid people will always talk, but the best don’t bother to talk about it in that way, because they know that it’s all down to the Fighter Him/Herself and that’s what really matters. Even if one of these people arguing about which is best got into a ring/octagon and got beat they’d complain about cheating, or an upset stomach or something stupid.

And I’m going to end it here because I think I’ve typed too much, but whether they are bashing your Martial Art or not, stupid people should always be ignored, they HAVE to talk big or nobody woul

ryan

KMSF, what the #$&@ are you talking about man? You’ve totally changed the subject. You were wrong, I called you on it, and now you’re mad.

My statements had nothing to do with any system’s validity, evolution, politics–nothing. I don’t care about that stuff. I don’t care who came up with what, when, or how. If it works for me, I’ll use it. If I think it will work for my students, I’ll teach it (this was about using one organizations forum to advertise another organizations system/materials.) If you knew anything about me, you’d know this, but you sit on the other side of a keyboard and rant and pontificate as if you have some special insight into me and my motivations.

Until this last post, I had refrained from commenting on the advertisements, because I believe it only perpetuates the behavior. In a moment of weakness, because it does greatly annoy me, I commented on it, you jumped on me, you were wrong, then you changed the subject, and you’re wrong again.

Look, I’ve already wasted too much time on this. You have at it man–life’s too short (and if we were sitting down for coffee, having this conversation, it would probably go much differently–imperfect medium.)

la-revancha

LMAO!! Yeah, man. You lost me in your discussion of the Two Schools of Thought…

kmsf

So I changed the subject, big deal. Like that never happens. Not surprised it went over some heads.

ryan

Yes, you’re just too cerebral for the rest of us neanderthals. 🙄 😛

kmsf

Ryan, I agreed with you on advertising

I admitted you were right about the poster advertising and stated it in my post

I only was mad that you were snide in your response on the investigation comment etc…

Changing a subject in midstride isn’t unusual

You did the same thing by taking a Kr
    av Bashing topic and talking about his advertising. (changed the subject)

I don’t know you but from your posts you seem a little mad at the world and don’t tollerate people very well. And you are very snide in your comments when you act like a baby- I don’t know what set you off on this one but I’d rather go on with life also.

kmsf

Sorry for calling you a baby, I was going to change that and say you act like you have a chip on your shoulder in a lot of posts and you lash out at people in a unique way putting them down or making them look dumb for saying anything that doesn’t agree with your viewpoint.

ryan

KMSF, this will be my last post on this, since it is really futile.

First, I told the guy that this wasn’t the place to advertise another system. Then, your comment to me was, \”Ryan, man you are being WAY too over sensitive\”. To \”prove\” your point, you said you looked at the date he joined the forum (?). Okay, you were wrong, which you admit. Maybe I was snide in my response (though I would say YOU were way too sensitive), but you came at me. If you can’t handle a firm retort and questioning of your posts, that really isn’t my problem. Next, when it is pointed out that you were wrong, you completely change the subject, which is fine, but you then attribute someone else’s argument to me, which is not fine–which is actually a lie, truth be told. I of course responded (along with others), which again, you didn’t like, and you made reference to the intelligence of some posters (even though I said this was an imperfect medium, and if we were sitting down having coffee, we probably wouldn’t be headed in this direction.) Finally, you resort to \”analyzing\” me, because, I guess, you don’t know what else to do.

I get e-mails all of the time from people all over the world who visit this forum. They usually begin with something like, \”I’ve been on the KM forum, and seen you post there. You seem very helpful, and I was hoping you could answer a question.\” Mad at the world? Intolerant? Baby? Chip on my shoulder? Lashing out? I would ask for examples, but that would only perpetuate the madness. 8)

Look, you got mad, and you lashed out. This whole thing has been because of ego–yours, not mine. I admit I am sometimes curt in my posts. I’m not looking for flowery adjectives and trying to make small talk. I get to my point–loquacious I’m not. I’m like Krav Maga, no frills, no BS, nothing flashy. Sorry if that doesn’t suit your tastes. After all, I’m just a hick from the south. 🙂 😉

caliwt

Thats just Ryans sense of humor, get used to it 😉

I did…..

la-revancha

Calculated bluntness. Always sobering, and frequently hilarious 😈 .

Keep posting, compadre!

atakrav

Krav Maga

I think my Krav Maga instructors need to get re-certified.

They don’t even teach Krav Maga half the time, they let some guy who has been Taekwondo for 4 years teach it. Who dosen’t even know anything about it!!! I know more than he does!!! Our last instructor left, and now it just sucks. I have to find another school.

kravron

Re: Krav Maga

quote \”atakrav\:

I think my Krav Maga instructors need to get re-certified.

They don’t even teach Krav Maga half the time, they let some guy who has been Taekwondo for 4 years teach it. Who dosen’t even know anything about it!!! I know more than he does!!! Our last instructor left, and now it just sucks. I have to find another school.

If your gonna post a whine about your instructors every time then report your instructors which you refused to do. Stop trying to make every topic about how you dont like your instructor.

BTW just found this interesting article that somewhat relates to the topic, well IMHO it does.

http://www.usadojo.com/martial-arts-articles/article-krav-maga-not-alone.htm

After reading the article I basically discovered that any practitioner of KEPAP/LOTAR or any other \”Real Isreali\” martial art are all PRACTICING BASICALLY THE SAME THING. Its just people doing what people do and trying to make money off \”their own unique only-one-available system\”

You say potAAAtoe I say Potaaatoe, you say KEPAP I say Krav Maga
    Whats in a name? Its all the same!

johnwhitman

I hate reading some of the things I’m reading here about non-certified instructors teaching KM. In general, we hate to hear that there is sub-par teaching. Most of you will have no idea how hard we try to keep the standards high and enforce them.

Even as I write this, we are contacting one of the schools. I will be contacting the other tomorrow.

thunder

I hate labels…geez…just train…kinda amusing though… 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: