Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    g-v

Re:

quote \”brotherobin\:

Thanks for all the info… i’m 30, i don’t do any free weight training anymore, mainly strength conditioning (bodyweight) and endurance training. I think i just needed to take a break. I feel much better after 4 days off, a big pot roast dinner last night and a light jog this morning. Thanks again for the insight.

Ok, that doesn’t sound that extreme in regards to your workout. Yeh, sounds like you just need a few days off per week.

anonymous

In regards to sore muscles, one thing you could try to do is to put ice on the muscles you know will be sore, right after the worlout has been completed. It’s hard to do that on youir entire body of course, but maybe just pick the muscles that you know will hurt the worst the next day.

I used to have a lot of problems with my legs, they would get sore from just doing a handful of squats, mostly around the inner thigh, maklng it hard to walk for days. Now I ice my legs either immediatly or a short time after workout, sometimes even again after a few hours and the soreness is either greatly reduced or will not occur at all. Something to try.

brotherobin

Thanks, GK. My inner thighs are actually the worst for me too. After countless squat and round kicks they get pretty sore… i’ll try that.

michael

You might want to try a warm Epsom salt bath after the workout–seems to help me….

anonymous

Talking about sore muscles, does anyone know why it is that some muscles tend to get sore more easily than others? No matter how regularly I work out and stretch before and after, my inner thighs seem to get sore after just a very light workout. On the other end of the spectrum, no matter how hard I work out and how little I stretch my biceps never seem to get sore. My quads rarely get sore after doing squads, even though I can feel them much more during the actual workout than the inner thighs, which then start hurting like crazy a day or two later. What’s going on there? 😕

daki

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Talking about sore muscles, does anyone know why it is that some muscles tend to get sore more easily than others? No matter how regularly I work out and stretch before and after, my inner thighs seem to get sore after just a very light workout. On the other end of the spectrum, no matter how hard I work out and how little I stretch my biceps never seem to get sore. My quads rarely get sore after doing squads, even though I can feel them much more during the actual workout than the inner thighs, which then start hurting like crazy a day or two later. What’s going on there? 😕

It depends on what you are doing in your daily life. Biceps and quads are used constantly in daily life (and even more than that depending on what you do for a living). On the other extreme, you really do not use your inner thigh muscles to get through the day so they are not subjects to the same daily usage. When you start using them in kicks, they will be sore more often because they’re trying to get caught up with the rest of your body.

anonymous

But it seems that I am using those muscles more than others. They are being used with every step I take, which I can feel when they get sore and I’m unable to move or bend my legs. Also, I do regular exercise, but the soreness doesn’t seem to get any better.

daki

Could be a minor muscle strain or flexibility issue. That part I can’t really say but you may want to check with an orthopedic and get their thoughts on it.

g-v

Re:

Giant, your inner thighs are crying out for MORE exercise. 😆

klem

There could be 2 factors leading to the soreness in the inner thigh post squat workout. First, how are you doing the squats?

If you are using the extension of your knees as the primary movement to lift the weight you will tend to be sore in the inner thighs, especially just above the knees, as you would if you were doing leg extensions. When you squat, notice if your weight tends to be on your toes or the front of your foot, This will indicate alot of knee extension.

If you were using your lower back to lift the weight as many powerlifters and football players tend to (smaller range of motion-maks sense for powerlifters, not for football players), your lower back would be sore.

If you focus your hips as the primary mover in the squat (this is also the most benefical way for athletes to squat), then you will be sore in your quads and glutes. To help get this type of squat, as you lift, drive off the back of your foot, actually the heels.

The inner thigh isn’t really used that much as a primary mover in every day life. However it does move and have a supporting effect in almost every movement with the lower body. So what you end up with is a muscle that isn’t conditioned for heavy exercise but if it is sore, it will be noticed. It’s similar to injuring your big toe. You don’t use that toe as a primary mover when you walk, but it is involved. As a result, if your big toe is injured, we all know what that feels like.

anonymous

The soreness seems to be worst toward the hip, not so much at the knee.

When I do squats, I try to have my weight in the heel, not the toes. I can feel the quads during the exercise, but don’t even feel the inner thighs working, but then the next day… Or even if I just do kicks they’ll hurt. But the icing thing really works well, so I’m doing that now after exercise and then it’s not so bad.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: