Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums New Guy w/ Question After 1st Class

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    focus

Hey all – I’m new to martial arts other than a few months of TKD as a kid. I had my 1st Krav class earlier this week. I can honestly say it was the most intense workout I’ve ever had. I definitely wasn’t prepared having missed lunch that afternoon. Never will I make that mistake again. I know that diet is a huge part of fitness and I’m working on it.

It’s been a few days after my 1st class and it seems like I’m getting more and more sore as the days progress. My question is -what can I do to help speed up my recovery time? Would stretching on my off days help? Massage? I know I need to hydrate and eat a good meal 3-4 hours before a session but any other tips would help. I never considered myself in “bad shape” but after that 1st class I’m starting to think otherwise. Anyway, I’m pumped to get back to my next class. Any tips would be great.

jburtonpdx

Re: New Guy w/ Question After 1st Class

buildup of lactic acid sucks…. It kinda hurts.

Blood flow is what you need – warm up good and get another workout in. Some light stretching might help it all feel a bit better as well. Dont just sit on your backside though, get out and moving.

kvmorl

I had same issue when i started, stretching and chaning my multivitamine to ‘Activite’ by mhp improved it greatly…

mara-jade

Hi Focus,

Wanted to welcome you to the forum. Sounds like you had an interesting first class:rolleyes:

For me and hubby,we will NOT go to class without eating dinner. We eat like 2 hours before class so that’s plenty of time for food to settle. As for soreness, I typically don’t feel it till the day after. If it’s REALLY bad, I MIGHT take something like Bayer Back & Body, but I don’t make that a habit. The next day after that no problem.

Just take it easy – great to be all excited about training but take it all one day at a time. Before you know it you WILL be kicking buttthumbsup

Best wishes on your training:wav:

focus

Thanks for the feedback guys. I started taking a multivitamin and will definitely be making sure to get a good meal in a few hours before class. I’m working on my overall diet actually. Took a warm bath in epson salt and feeling alot better. I’m looking forward to next class.thumbsup

paragon

Water. Keep hydrated, not just before your workout. All the time.

thumbsup

unstpabl1

quote jburtonpdx:

buildup of lactic acid sucks…. It kinda hurts.

Blood flow is what you need – warm up good and get another workout in. Some light stretching might help it all feel a bit better as well. Dont just sit on your backside though, get out and moving.

Icing your body after helps alot or at least contrast showers. Minute or 2 cold, repeat hot and repeat a few cycles. Even if you don’t do krav the next day go for a walk/lite jog. As the above quote says don’t do nothing. Get yo azz movin’. Though it may be the last thing ya want to do.

I think guys have been having success using Fish Oil. Not sure on the dosage. I always get the most pain 48 hours or so aftter.
    Suck it up. Life is Pain. Pain is weakness leaving your bodyrofl2

tchort64

I also took my 1st class last tuesday and damn was it the toughest hr of my life since boot camp in the marines . I bounce on the weekends and have 11 yrs boxing and kempo kung fu 6yrs and was gassed after a 1/2 hr . Training in Attleboro w/ Master Garcia and Mr Pulsone also Chris Cole and Dan Clark . Truly a 1st class school and art. Look forward to going Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Will be 44 in July and anticipate being in the best shape of my life in the near future .

mara-jade

Wanted to welcome you to the forum tchort64. Sounds like you had fun too:D:

tchort64

Thanks and it is a privelage know all in this forum and this art

tchort64

Thanks Mara Jade I consider it a privalege to be hear .

focus

2nd class was today. I did wayyy better after following some of your tips. I feel like a million bucks even though I’ll be in pain tomorrow. Nowhere to go but up from here. thumbsup

ruger45

Hang in there “FOCUS”. I had the same feeling after my 1st class and could not get out of bed the next day. I really got to know ICEY HOT really well.

tchort64

I also went to my 2nd class and today we practiced wrist drills and other great combos and some muay thai kicks and knees . Great stuff and less pain tonite afterwards before class had dinner 2hrs before Chicken breast , broccolli and squash baked potato also some walnuts and almonds w/water to drink (always w/all my meals except coffee w/ breakfast) a multivitamin , and glucosamine . The class went by quick tonite .

kvmorl

Some bananas wouldn’t hurt before workout, specially if you are getting those cramps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: