Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics New Krav Maga Houston Location – North Houston

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    krav7911

Re: Greg Donahue, on the new location of the krav maga houston school

sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The new Krav Maga Houston facility opened yesterday for their first Krav Maga classes. There were 61 Krav students in the L1 class! The training room is large enough to hold twice that! This place is sick! Its located in Spring, Texas off I-45 North. The exact address is 22820 I-45 North, Spring, Texas 77373
    (On feeder rd. North b/w 2920 and Hardy Toll Rd.) I think you take the Spring/Stubener exit coming from downtown. You cant miss it. There is a huge banner hanging on the side of the building that says Krav Maga. Hope this helps. Go check it out! Its awesome. Its open. Its cool. LOL.

houstondude

Re: New Krav Maga Houston Location – North Houston

Sweet. Is all of the building done yet? Greg Donahue – Do you train at krav maga houston?

gregdonahue

90% of the building is completed. All of the krav and crossfit space is completed. They are training. Heavy bags are up, etc…There is a Summer Schedule for Krav open 3 nights per week. The only thing left to finish is the Apartment (home invasion) and Fuselage (airplane training)..which will be done in the Fall. I do train there. I will be there tomorrow night for CJ’s class.

houstondude

quote gregdonahue:

90% of the building is completed. All of the krav and crossfit space is completed. They are training. Heavy bags are up, etc…There is a Summer Schedule for Krav open 3 nights per week. The only thing left to finish is the Apartment (home invasion) and Fuselage (airplane training)..which will be done in the Fall. I do train there. I will be there tomorrow night for CJ’s class.

I went in for a Crossfit class at Krav Maga Houston North last week.. it was sick! When in the fall will the rest of the facility be finished?

houstondude

Krav Maga Facility Opens in Spring to Teach Self-Defense in Houston, Texas

May 3rd, 2011—-Krav Maga, the official self-defense system of the Israeli Defense Forces, is coming to Spring.

Taught to hundreds of law enforcement agencies and thousands of civilians in the United States, Krav Maga is a simple, effective self-defense system that emphasizes instinctive movements, practical techniques and realistic training scenarios, said C.J. Kirk, chief instructor of Krav Maga Houston.

“Krav Maga is based on what we call ’ground zero self-defense,’ which means as a human being where do you find yourself in a stressful situation? what part of your brain is functioning and faculties do you have available to you? and what can you do in that state to prevent yourself from getting hurt?” Kirk said. “With our approach, you don’t have to have prior experience in self-defense to do Krav Maga. In fact, it is just as a good, if not better, if you don’t because there are a lot of misconceptions about self-defense.”

The Krav Maga system, Hebrew for “contact combat,” incorporates fitness, self-defense and fighting. Krav Maga’s self-defense classes are a total-body workout that combine kicking, punching, street fighting, ground fighting and defenses against weapons.

Set to open by the end of May and located at 22820 Interstate 45, Houston, Texas, the 20,000-square-foot facility will not be limited to Krav Maga training. People will be able to work on functional fitness with kettle bells, battle ropes, rings and punching bags. There will also be a fuselage that will allow people to simulate fighting on an airplane. A shoot house will provide customers a place to practice shooting guns for force-on-force training.

“Whether it be basic fitness all the way to hard-core crossfit, self-defense and weapons training, people can do it all here,” Kirk said. “Most people are looking for a skill when they workout, and we think this is the best skill-building workout on the planet. You will get a cardiovascular workout, anaerobic, strength training and learn a skill that doesn’t leave you when you leave the center because of the way the brain works.”

The location plans on doing community outreach with free self-defense and rape prevention classes. Kirk said there is also a chance it can do charity events.

“We are very much about plugging into the community and ensuring that we don’t just exist here, but that we are a part of the community,” he added.

Children as young as the age of 5 can sign up for the combined fitness/Krav Maga classes, but people need to be at least 14 to strictly train Krav Maga.

“Krav Maga was built for everybody because everybody needs self-defense,” Kirk explained. “We think of self-defense as a critical life skill were if you are called upon to defend yourself or a family member or a neighbor, you at least have the option to do that. Because no one is immune to danger, I feel that everybody needs self-defense training. Anybody can be caught in a situation that could change their quality of life or life in general.”

For more information about Krav Maga Houston, visit http://www.kravmagahouston.com or call 713-526-2500.

Reference: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/spring/news/article_1f546825-13cd-55e6-ba06-ed7789849a75.html

krav7911

@houstondude
    – That is great. I have not made it in yet to a class at the new Krav Maga Houston North location. @gregdonahue when will all the rest of the facility be complete?

krav7911

Great info.

quote houstondude:

Krav Maga Facility Opens in Spring to Teach Self-Defense in Houston, Texas

May 3rd, 2011—-Krav Maga, the official self-defense system of the Israeli Defense Forces, is coming to Spring.

Taught to hundreds of law enforcement agencies and thousands of civilians in the United States, Krav Maga is a simple, effective self-defense system that emphasizes instinctive movements, practical techniques and realistic training scenarios, said C.J. Kirk, chief instructor of Krav Maga Houston.

“Krav Maga is based on what we call ’ground zero self-defense,’ which means as a human being where do you find yourself in a stressful situation? what part of your brain is functioning and faculties do you have available to you? and what can you do in that state to prevent yourself from getting hurt?” Kirk said. “With our approach, you don’t have to have prior experience in self-defense to do Krav Maga. In fact, it is just as a good, if not better, if you don’t because there are a lot of misconceptions about self-defense.”

The Krav Maga system, Hebrew for “contact combat,” incorporates fitness, self-defense and fighting. Krav Maga’s self-defense classes are a total-body workout that combine kicking, punching, street fighting, ground fighting and defenses against weapons.

Set to open by the end of May and located at 22820 Interstate 45, Houston, Texas, the 20,000-square-foot facility will not be limited to Krav Maga training. People will be able to work on functional fitness with kettle bells, battle ropes, rings and punching bags. There will also be a fuselage that will allow people to simulate fighting on an airplane. A shoot house will provide customers a place to practice shooting guns for force-on-force training.

“Whether it be basic fitness all the way to hard-core crossfit, self-defense and weapons training, people can do it all here,” Kirk said. “Most people are looking for a skill when they workout, and we think this is the best skill-building workout on the planet. You will get a cardiovascular workout, anaerobic, strength training and learn a skill that doesn’t leave you when you leave the center because of the way the brain works.”

The location plans on doing community outreach with free self-defense and rape prevention classes. Kirk said there is also a chance it can do charity events.

“We are very much about plugging into the community and ensuring that we don’t just exist here, but that we are a part of the community,” he added.

Children as young as the age of 5 can sign up for the combined fitness/Krav Maga classes, but people need to be at least 14 to strictly train Krav Maga.

“Krav Maga was built for everybody because everybody needs self-defense,” Kirk explained. “We think of self-defense as a critical life skill were if you are called upon to defend yourself or a family member or a neighbor, you at least have the option to do that. Because no one is immune to danger, I feel that everybody needs self-defense training. Anybody can be caught in a situation that could change their quality of life or life in general.”

For more information about Krav Maga Houston, visit http://www.kravmagahouston.com or call 713-526-2500.

Reference: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/spring/news/article_1f546825-13cd-55e6-ba06-ed7789849a75.html

houstondude

Krav7911… ya krav maga houston north is sick you have to check it out… the facility is HUGE. they are almost done with the home invasion and airplane fuselage.

krav7911

quote houstondude:

Krav7911… ya krav maga houston north is sick you have to check it out… the facility is HUGE. they are almost done with the home invasion and airplane fuselage.

My kids and I dropped in earlier this week. From what I could see most of it seemed to be completed.

houstondude

quote Krav7911:

Great info.

Ya!

houstondude

quote Krav7911:

My kids and I dropped in earlier this week. From what I could see most of it seemed to be completed.

Are you guys members at krav maga houston?

krav7911

quote houstondude:

Are you guys members at krav maga houston?

Yes. I have been training with krav maga houston for 4 years. How long have you been there?

texasguy10

quote Krav7911:

Yes. I have been training with krav maga houston for 4 years. How long have you been there?

I have been training krav maga for six years but i have been training at krav maga houston for the last three.

texasguy10

Hello! I finally found the Krav Maga Houston thread! I posted one on locations but it looks like it got deleted? Anyways, how’s it going all?

krav7911

quote texasguy10:

Hello! I finally found the Krav Maga Houston thread! I posted one on locations but it looks like it got deleted? Anyways, how’s it going all?

nice to meet you! just enjoying this brutally hot Texas weather!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: