Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics New Krav Maga Houston Location – North Houston

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    houstondude

Re: New Krav Maga Houston Location – North Houston

Welcome welcome. How do you do?

quote texasguy10:

Hello! I finally found the Krav Maga Houston thread! I posted one on locations but it looks like it got deleted? Anyways, how’s it going all?
    agarty105

Howdy all,

My wife and I are interested in starting training in KM, and would like to do so at the Spring location, but we don’t know when/where we should go for an intro class? The website (kravmagahouston.com) doesn’t have any info about the Spring facility, so I figured I’d pick some brains on here. Any details for us would be great.

Thanks!

sled

Come to the free seminar this Saturday Aug 20th at 10am!

quote agarty105:

Howdy all,

My wife and I are interested in starting training in KM, and would like to do so at the Spring location, but we don’t know when/where we should go for an intro class? The website (kravmagahouston.com) doesn’t have any info about the Spring facility, so I figured I’d pick some brains on here. Any details for us would be great.

Thanks!

agarty105

Free seminar at the Spring location on Saturday @ 1000, is that correct?

sled

Actually, it was updated yesterday to 1pm. It will be a edged weapon defense class as well as a general orientation to Krav. These intro seminars are geared towards individuals wanting to learn more about Krav.

houstondude

Sorry for the late response! You should call Krav Maga Houston at: 713-526-2500 for more info. Check out the Facebook pages http://www.facebook.com/kravmagahouston & http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Krav-Maga-Houston-North/256168811064789

I believe Krav Maga Houston should have their website updated soon, so all of the information should reflect there soon. Let us know how your intro class goes!

I hope this helps!

quote agarty105:

Howdy all,

Thanks!

krav7911

Ya I would do what HoustonDude said and give them a call.. or go to their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/kravmagahouston.. they have a lot of good real-time info there. I also spoke with an instructor at Krav Maga Houston and they said their site was under construction and that they will have a lot of information there soon as well as Iphone and Android Apps with schedules, billing, info, etc.

quote agarty105:

Howdy all,

My wife and I are interested in starting training in KM, and would like to do so at the Spring location, but we don’t know when/where we should go for an intro class? The website (http://www.kravmagahouston.com) doesn’t have any info about the Spring facility, so I figured I’d pick some brains on here. Any details for us would be great.

Thanks!

texasguy10

quote Krav7911:

nice to meet you! just enjoying this brutally hot Texas weather!

Ya I hear that! Gotta love the brutally hot, and more brutally humid Houston summers!

texasguy10

quote agarty105:

Howdy all,

My wife and I are interested in starting training in KM, and would like to do so at the Spring location, but we don’t know when/where we should go for an intro class? The website (http://www.kravmagahouston.com) doesn’t have any info about the Spring facility, so I figured I’d pick some brains on here. Any details for us would be great.

Thanks!

The old lady and I train at Krav Maga Houston together also, watch out though this will give her an ideal opportunity to take some shots at you for not doing the dishes, lifting up the toilet seat, etc (Ha!). If you’ve gone, how did it go?

texasguy10

How’s everyone liking the new Krav Maga Houston North location so far? My wife and I love it so far, and it’s only within a rocks throw from the kids school, work, and our home.

houstondude

quote texasguy10:

How’s everyone liking the new Krav Maga Houston North location so far? My wife and I love it so far, and it’s only within a rocks throw from the kids school, work, and our home.

lucky duck! I am there only once a week for a crossfit class. It takes me about 45 minutes to get there unfortunately but it is worth it.

houstondude

Krav Maga self defense teaching center opens in Spring

A new Krav Maga center is coming to Spring to teach the official self defense system of the Israeli Defense Forces.

In Hebrew, Krav Maga means contact combat. The system has been taught to law enforcement agencies and thousands of civilians in the United States, C.J. Kirk, chief instructor and majority stakeholder of the Krav Maga center, said.

Krav Maga is a system that you get fit doing since the heart rate is spiked before performing the techniques, Kirk said. Spiking the heart rate allows the person to be train and be able have options during a high stress situation, he said.

Prior to training in Krav Maga, Kirk was a Kung Fu and Jiu-Jitsu instructor. Kirk said his outlook on his training changed after being robbed at gun point 15 years ago. “When someone else holds your life in their hands and is not invested in your well being at all, it’s a horrible feeling, he said. Kirk said after being robbed he spent about six months going through different systems. “I found Krav Maga and was terribly impressed,” he said. Kirk said there is a difference between traditional martial arts and self defense.

“Traditional martial arts schools, self defense schools and fighting schools, they all offer something, but you got to make sure what they are offering is what you’re after,” he said.

Kirk said they decided to bring the center to Spring, because they wanted to bring Krav Maga to the north side.

“We’ve been steadily working towards getting a school here,” he said.
    Kirk said it was a matter of finding enough space at a low cost so Krav Maga could be offered to anyone who wanted to take it. The age limit for Krav Maga is 13 years and older.

The 20,000 square foot facility at 22820 I-45 North Building A has five training rooms and five instructors.

“Part of the process in developing a Krav Maga school is assuring that you have the highest level of instructors to be able to service the school,” Kirk said.

To create a good Krav Maga instructor, it takes three or more years, Kirk said. As the classes grow, Kirk said he plans to add additional instructors to the center. The Krav Maga center is currently in the works of developing a stage area for a mock two bedroom apartment where scenario training will be conducted.

“It’s so effective in helping you in your mind and body to experience what it’s like to be in an altercation,” he said. The grand opening of the Krav Maga center is scheduled for Sept. 24 at 9 a.m. A series of seminars will be held along with door prizes.

For more information please see http://www.kravmagahouston.com

See the original article below.
    http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/spring/news/krav-maga-self-defense-teaching-center-opens-in-spring/article_9387955a-fcd5-55f4-b6ca-0dc28603c9fa.html

houstondude

More info on the new KMH school.. just thought I would share!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: