Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics No longer going to MD, now going to Virginia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    kravron

Ok, my assignment got changed. I am now going to Virginia instead of MD. So I am wondering what Krav school prices, gun laws, and good instructors I will run into out there. What about housing costs?

sexybaldman

Cool..I am in VA. Do know where you will be assigned?

kravmdjeff

I would suggest you just make the drive to MD. You never know about those johnny rebs down south. 8)

kravron

I will be at Langley as far as Iknow right now…but who knows it could all change again as soon as my wife and I start settling on a plan.

andre

\”You never know about those johnny rebs down south.\”
    Cough Cough subtly goes the southeners with a bewildered, yet steely resolved look on their collective faces.

kravmdjeff

Is that the same steely reserved expression that’s been there since 1864, or is it a different one?

sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”KravMDjeff\:

I would suggest you just make the drive to MD. You never know about those johnny rebs down south. 8)

Wrong, we all ain’t \”Johnny Rebs\” I am original from the North. ANd i would rather train in VA than MD….

andre

It’s the same one I’ve awoken to in the morning for the last decade. Is that the same one you guys have for your tests, which you appearently have had, yet haven’t had yet?

kravmdjeff

Sexy…I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t want to train with me either.

Andre, I don’t get the testing comment.

For the record, I was born in Winchester, so any comments about VA or the south are entirely for meaningless instigation.

andre

And the 1864 comment, where were you planning to go with that?
    About the test, I was busting your chops because you said you had your first test same weekend as our workshop. Yet on the other thread you said you had succesfully hosted at least one other test at the school.

usnavy-233

Re: No longer going to MD, now going to Virginia

quote \”KravRon\:

Ok, my assignment got changed. I am now going to Virginia instead of MD. So I am wondering what Krav school prices, gun laws, and good instructors I will run into out there. What about housing costs?

Ron,
    For training, I’m not sure what’s the closest for you but as far as gun laws go….

$50 for a 5 year CCW permit ($100 for non-resident), VA is a shall issue state, we have peaceable journey laws, you can carry in our state parks, you don’t have to register your firearms and you’re not legally obligated to inform an officer that you have a CCW piece (although I would recommend it). It’s off limits to carry anywhere that serves alcohol but you can open carry legally, without a permit here. You’re limited to one handgun purchase per month here. No restrictions on the amount of rifles you can buy.

Let me know if you need any more info than that.

Jeff,
    I was born in Texas and raised in Missouri so if you want to talk about \”Johnny Reb\” types….. 😉

Baldman,
    You going to be at NOVA tonight at 6?

sexybaldman

Re: No longer going to MD, now going to Virginia

quote \”usnavy_233\:

quote \”KravRon\:

Ron,
    For training, I’m not sure what’s the closest for you but as far as gun laws go….

$50 for a 5 year CCW permit ($100 for non-resident), VA is a shall issue state, we have peaceable journey laws, you can carry in our state parks, you don’t have to register your firearms and you’re not legally obligated to inform an officer that you have a CCW piece (although I would recommend it). It’s off limits to carry anywhere that serves alcohol but you can open carry legally, without a permit here. You’re limited to one handgun purchase per month here. No restrictions on the amount of rifles you can buy.

Let me know if you need any more info than that.

Jeff,
    I was born in Texas and raised in Missouri so if you want to talk about \”Johnny Reb\” types….. 😉

Baldman,
    You going to be at NOVA tonight at 6?

I am going to try..My washer went out and now I am trying to buya nother one. 🙁

Plus, I plan on taking the wife ou for Valentines day, since i am at work from 5am to 8pm tomorrow.. 🙁 So, you probably won’t see me until the Wednesday class if you are there..My boss might show up tonight, but not sure cuz he was a little under the weather…

kravmdjeff

We’ve never had a test…maybe I was talking about a test I took for phase A or something.

kravron

Navy if your going to the Norfolk Facility I will be right across the River from you. Right now my wife and I are eyeing houses/apartments in the Newport News area. Not exactly \”close\” to any Krav facilities but I am still looking.

I noticed alot of ATA affiliated Krav schools there in VA and allthough I currently go to an ATA school with a certified Krav instructor I am hesitant to do so without gathering some intelligence. I have never really been to the area so…it will be interesting finding my way around.

Navy does the school you go to have a website? Are you going to the Norfolk location? How is the instruction?

sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”KravRon\:

Navy if your going to the Norfolk Facility I will be right across the River from you. Right now my wife and I are eyeing houses/apartments in the Newport News area. Not exactly \”close\” to any Krav facilities but I am still looking.

I noticed alot of ATA affiliated Krav schools there in VA and allthough I currently go to an ATA school with a certified Krav instructor I am hesitant to do so without gathering some intelligence. I have never really been to the area so…it will be interesting finding my way around.

Navy does the school you go to have a website? Are you going to the Norfolk location? How is the instruction?

Navy and I goto the same school. Our school is in Northern Virginina, too far from Norfolk. There is a website though, http://www.kravmaganova.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: