Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    mongo
    quote \”abor\:

Punching and kicking without pads??? You were striking air?? What’s the point of that? No matter how good a teacher is, and it sounds like Rhon is good, I don’t see how you can have a Krav Maga class where you’re doing combatives to the air.

The lower belt (white and yellow) classes used pads today! I don’t think pad use is that much of a rarity; maybe it was when the person who only used pads twice was there or maybe he/she wasn’t at every class.

I should add that the other instructors I’ve seen teach at John Jay (Kat, Pete, Eddie) are all excellent. Great teachers and motivators.

Obviously different people can have different opinions about the same thing – the best thing for a prospective student to do is to check out the various options herself and figure out what’s the most suitable.

mblitz

Tribal- you wrote: \”If you think about it KMLI started out of kravmagainc and not krav maga LA.\”

While I’m flattered that you–or anyone–WANTS to \”think about\” KMLI’s start, the truth is that KMLI (Kombat Masters of Long Island) started out of my own initiative and labor, and its growth and success has been the result of meticulous attention to the Krav curriculum and to the details of running a good school. The fact that I trained with Rhon is certainly no secret. Anyone who trains with me knows that Rhon was my teacher for many years, and that I learned a great deal from him. I have encouraged people in and around NYC to train with him. I’m glad you have found his program to be the right one for you.

FYI – it was my Brown belt test that was conducted by both Haim Zut and Rhon Mizrachi.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: