Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    kravjeff

Just got our thrid and fourth dogs … Between them, the make about 2/3 of one real dog 😀

They are a M and F Shih Tzu – We’re having a heckuva time naming the boy. He’s about 10 lbs and a real warrior! Sweet as he!!, strong as death and absolutely fearless …

So – Does anyone care to suggest some tough guy (dog) name ideas?

Love to be able to provide a prize, so I’m offering up a training session with GK … 8)

P.S. Sorry in advance – I’m not naming him GiantKiller although it’s wholly appropriate! 😉

bobg

With the popularity of 300 and Spartans, can’t go wrong with Leonidas 🙂
    Now they were warriors!

j-frank

LaMotta.

jaeroo

Several Variations

1. Drago
    2. Vince (named after the hitman Tom Cruise portrayed in \”Collateral\”)
    3. Harry
    4. Bruno
    5. Tequila (named after the maverick cop character played by Chow Yun-Fat in the Hong Kong action flick \”Hard-Boiled\”, if you heard of it)
    6. Gino
    7. Nico
    8. Paulie
    9. Frankie
    10. Louie
    11. Tony
    12. Nicky
    13. Sammy
    14. Rambo (one of our K-9 German Shepherds is named like that)
    15. Joey
    16. Jimmy

maskedkat

Jens? AKA \”Little Evil\”??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jens_Pulver

maskedkat

Re: Off topic advice???

quote \”kravjeff\:

Just got our thrid and fourth dogs … Between them, the make about 2/3 of one real dog 😀

They are a M and F Shih Tzu – We’re having a heckuva time naming the boy. He’s about 10 lbs and a real warrior! Sweet as he!!, strong as death and absolutely fearless …

So – Does anyone care to suggest some tough guy (dog) name ideas?

Love to be able to provide a prize, so I’m offering up a training session with GK … 8)

P.S. Sorry in advance – I’m not naming him GiantKiller although it’s wholly appropriate! 😉

Forgot to ask… what’s the girl’s name?

armitage

My wife & I got a Male Shih Tzu back in March 06 – called him Chompers! He still nibbles on things, but isn’t nearly as bad as when we first got him as a puppy.

He’s grown a LOT since we first got him too – I think he was about 8 lbs, now he’s about 15-20. Although we were told he’s a pure-bred, he does seem pretty big for a shih tzu so we were probably lied to at the shop 🙄

vwr32

My own opinion here… I kinda think the smaller, more harmless dogs are better suited for the tough guy names. The bigger and more potential for serious damage should the unspeakable ever happen (bites someone), a dog named \”Baby Killer\” or something comparable might draw more compensation in a lawsuit than one named Bubblegum or something like that.

A chihuahua named Czar, Hercules, or Zeus draws a smile from people. So does a presa canario, pit bull, or doberman named Sweetie Pie. They’ll protect just the same tho. My boxer bit someone when he was 6 months old… but the guy dropped the claim against my homeowners because his son used to play with \”Biscuit\” when Biscuit was a puppy.

How about something MMA or Krav related?

unstpabl1

I don’t know Jeff, if you named it GK,you’d have someone always around to argue politics with 😛

kravjeff

Re: Off topic advice???

quote \”MaskedKat\:

Forgot to ask… what’s the girl’s name?

Wife named her Missy – Calls her Missy Kissy because she’s a big time licker … Cute, but I wont be letting her name the boy 😀

We actually had a different Shih Tzu who was killed tragically while we were camping about a month ago 😥 His name was Tito which, if I remember correctly is a derivative of Titus, which translates loosely to giant somewhere (Italian or Latin maybe) 😕 😀

Anyway – Great ideas!! I’ll be consulting the family and report back.

Thanks!

bradm

HOw ’bout Bas fo Bas Ruton

vwr32

Good place to start, names of the gods and goddesses of different beliefs:

http://lowchensaustralia.com/names/gods.htm

Or, think of a word and translate it to another language. For example there are translators (or online dictionaries) on the web such as this one: http://www.wordreference.com/

If you wanted to name a female pet \”kisses\”, the Italian name would become \”Bacetti\”. Or \”little kiss\” in spanish becomes \”Besito\”. Fun to play around with anyway.

jjbklb

I have two for the female

MISSdemeaner

Felony

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

My Akita’s name is Chaos.. and it fits him 🙂

giant-killer

I think \”Giantkiller\” would work perfectly. I can already see all of the pitbulls running!! 😈 Then again, it may look kind of funny to people, if they saw you getting into heated political debates with your little doggie… 8)

Then there is always \”Butch\”. Or \”Shaq\”. Or \”Randy\” (Couture).

Or you could go the KM route and name him \”Darren\”, \”John\” or \”Amir\”. Or a mix of all three, \”Jarrir\”.

Too bad the female has been named already, or you could have called them \”Krav\” and \”Maga\”. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: