Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re: Perfect Technique

MMA: Mixed Martial Art. In essence defined by Stand up, stand up grappling, and ground fighting skills. Some define ground fighting as submission wrestling, others ground and pound.

Using elements mostly comprised of Boxing. MT, Wrestling, Judo and BJJ

Krav is MMA or a MIXED MARTIAL ART: defined by Stand Up, ground, weapons, multiples, size disparities, unexpected attacks, ring tactics, police/ military tactics etc

Utilizing elements of Boxing(Imi was a Boxer),MT, wrestling(Imi was a wrestler I believe) Judo(judo/jujotsu is big in Israel) bjj , WWII combatives and any thing else that works

At NTC, an early Gracie BB has been teaching bjj probably since day 1 as well as influencing training, Oleg Tartikov(sp) taught Sambo. Oleg fought UFC. Then their was Bas’s influence. I remember a guy teaching at NTC day class who was a great boxing coach

I can think of at least 4 or 5 guys out here who fight in local mma shows. La Revancha is a BB in Krav, Judo and at least a purple under the Machado’s. he posted recently a hot krav chick at her 1st boxing match. Steve Tuna boxed Golden Gloves and his krav is influenced by that. Don is a Force Trainer. Kevin Lewis is a krav BB and trains with the Dog brothers. CJ’s Dad is a frikken encyclopedia of knowledge on this stuff.. They bring a wealth of knowlege to their students. And while they respect the game of mma and the addition to their skill set, they understand that training for the ring is a different ballgame than the street. Krav has always been heavily influenced by whatever the F$#@ works

Training in multiple arts is great, but time consuming and expensive. Kravs main focus is combat. Though students are free to explore combat sports. MMA?Boxing etc focus is mano y mano combat sports, though students are free to explore combat, BUT they rarely do. Either way is right…it just depends on your FOCUS

Yeah i apologize for name dropping, but krav has always been a MMA with an eclectic group of instructors even in Israel. But take the A out of it, because it’s not an art. Its a system of princples that will easily adapt for the boxer. MT’er.wrestler,judoka, bjj’er or even the UFC which is no longer really mma

Now if I could get them to give me 50% off on dues I’d be in LOL:woohoo:

Keep training guys. It’s all good and when it comes down to it, it’s exercise and toughness training. Hopefully most will never have to use it, though many have

kevinmack

“Many of the Israelites currently living in Israel would give anything to have the peace that the U.S.A. has. ( no day or nightly rocket attacks )”

Its all relative. Though we dont have to worry about rocket attacks…last year there were 306 homicides in just the city of Philadelphia.967 rapes.2605 aggravated assaults with a gun and 5883 aggravated assaults(other).3545 robberies with a gun and 4501 robberies(other). Thats just one year and just inside the Philadelphia city limits. Not to mention the surrounding suburbs. I am probably more likely to be killed or maimed here on any given day than any Israeli.
    the whole world is f*cked

lions2011

to J.Fitness.
    How popular is Krav among Israeli kids???
    In the IDF, do they just teach the level 1 stuff to the infantry only. And how long is the trainning for level 1 in IDF.
    I imagine the higher levels of Krav are only for the special forces.
    Most Americans back Israel and understand what your dealing with. The only way to reason with terrorist is through strength with Iron and Steel.

kevinmack

you get about 2 weeks of KM training in the IDF. You learn some of the basic punches and kicks and defenses with and without weapons. But a lot of the training focuses on mindset and toughness.
    Civilian KM is much more developed.

lions2011

Yes but 90 percent of violent crime in the USA is probably concentrated in inner cities.
    Those Eagles fans are nuts.. Good to know some krav maga I bet at an eagles game if your not an eagles fan lol.

I would like to clear up a few things. I am an American Jew and have relatives who live in Israel. I had relatives come to visit my family last summer and they explained many things about Israel. This did not stop me from making Aliyah some day to Israel. I asked about Krav Maga and it is seen more like recieving the judo or jiu jitsu education in Japan, in that it is a normal thing in Israel with Krav Maga. I don’t know about the school children recieving krav maga lessons so I can not answer that one and the soldiers that enter the Israel military recieve krav maga training peroidically throughout their careers. Some are in the military for a few years and anothers make the military a career. Those who are thinking about or want to make aliyah can do so at this link.

http://www.jewishagency.org/JewishAgency/English/Aliyah/Links/

For people who do not know what aliyah means …

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliyah

to get back on the topic of krav maga from what I understand is KM was taken from the best of each martial art system to make krav maga what it is today and has been continually tested since 1948.

lions2011

I am Jewish as well and I was in Israel in 2008.:wav:

:combat:

That is cool. Are you considering making aliyah too ?

I plan to visit Israel first and get a better idea of what I need to do for aliyah.

The hardest thing probably is going to be learning the hebrew language.

There are a lot of people who read, speak & write english so that will make the transition much easier until I become an expert in Hebrew as I will with Krav Maga. :woohoo:

lions2011

No I will stay in the USA forever until my final days.

Israel was fun to visit as with Europe but USA is still the best place on Earth despite are 14.3 trillion dollar debt. Israel has a monster amount of problems with Iran and now the PA are going to declare statehood in September.
    I Rather learn KRav than Hebrew. thumbsup

Today we did head butts in class. How fun. :OhMy:

It is actually a good tecnique but not a good first option I Think.

Don’t you want to be part of fulfilling G-d’s promises to us, the Jewish people ?

I don’t mean to offend anyone, but I think this is getting a little into the areas of “should be on pm” and “way off topic.” Just throwing that out there.

quote TacticalTimmy:

I don’t mean to offend anyone, but I think this is getting a little into the areas of “should be on pm” and “way off topic.” Just throwing that out there.

Sorry for the thread drift as this is something that is close to my heart. :wav:

lions2011

Sorry T-Timmy. Did not mean to talk politics of the Middle East. I will stick to Krav maga and martial arts.

What is life without it.. So empty and dry lol.:angry:

But this site does attack JEWS so sometimes you know how it gets with Israel and Middle East insanity.

mara-jade

quote lions2011:

Sorry T-Timmy. Did not mean to talk politics of the Middle East. I will stick to Krav maga and martial arts.

What is life without it.. So empty and dry lol.:angry:

But this site does attack JEWS so sometimes you know how it gets with Israel and Middle East insanity.

Um, excuse me?? I KNOW you’re not talking about HERE:confused:

don

quote lions2011:

Please post links to any examples of that…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: