Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    stickfig13

Getting dialed in for the next Phase A training in Sherman Oaks starting on the 15th. Anyone else going? Anyone have any tips?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Phase A (aug 15-21)

One of these days we should put together a ìphase Aî list LOL

Things I found were a must

1. ARNICA!!!! (at wholefoods)
    2. CryoGel (roll on for elbows. Knees, shoulder joints)
    3. Snacks ñ bars, fruit, gorp
    4. Shirts ñ every shirt you own and plan to buy a few

Local stuff by SO. (walking distance)

1. Whole foods
    2. El Pollo Loco
    3. Corner Deli
    4. Romans
    5. Star Bucks

We also have showers if you need one and canít go back to your hotel.

Good luck and don’t mind Burton, he’s just that way.

stevetuna

Just go hard. As hard as you can, at all times.

Best wishes to you – it’s an awesome experience.

la-revancha

The old forum had a pretty good prep list. I don’t even think the old info is attainable via search function.

I would like to add:

-a notebook. There is going to be more there than you can retain without writing it down. They will look at you wierd, but reviewing notes will pay dividends later.
    -practice mock teaching EVEN AFTER training is over. Try to convince some of your classmates to be your audience. Find an unused corner or even use the corridor b/w the building and the garage. They will give you good feedback about what you have improved and what you haven’t. It’s just like study groups back in H.S. and college. But you have to practice until all the errors go away!!!
    -Advil.
    -Oh, and I hope you have been getting your conditioning in order.
    -NO SURRENDER.

After helping peeps prep for Phase for nearly 5 years now, I’ve noticed most people conceptualize phase rather as a dream come true or hell on earth. It’s all on the mental approach.

I teach at Sherman Oaks. PM me while you’re there and I will be more than happy to help.

kirk

One of the greatest experiences of my life.

I agree with the above recommendations. Bring first aid stuff, bandages etc. U don’t want a little cut stop you training.
    Imodium – just in case!
    Eat, eat, hydrate, hydrate, eat some more. Get some almonds eat them when ever you get a change. Bars, Whole Foods has a great selection!
    GO 100% and train safe for you and your partner. Instructors hate injuries. Use your free time to lesson plan. How would you teach techniques, how would you warm the class up for what you are about to teach them, etc…

HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!

Ask as many questions as you can.

If I think of anything else I’ll add to the list.

Pick a good partner, someone that will work with you just like you will with them. Don’t forget to motivate each other…this could be important at various times during the week.

stickfig13

Thanks for the tips everyone!

I feel really dialed in right now. Giving my body some rest this week before I get there. I’ve been training really hard for this so hopefully it will all pay off.

Nervous and excited!

ericajow

Good luck!!! It sounds like you’re ready to go. It’ll definitely be one of the most intense/amazing experiences you’ll have. 🙂

You’ll push your body further than you ever knew you could, you’ll leave each day feeling more beat up and exhausted mentally and physically than you ever knew possible … and you’ll love every second of it. 😉 Enjoy! 🙂

stickfig13

Just got back from LA today!

It really was an amazing experience! I can’t thank Kelly, Matt, Jeff and Michael enough. We received world class instruction all week long.

I can’t wait to get back in the gym and share what I’ve learned.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I walked by you guys a few times carrying shots guns and M16s going into room 2 looked like you were having fun.

stevetuna

I know how you feel, Stickfig. Those folks are the best. That’s why I’m glad to be part of this organization. Congratulations on finishing up Phase A!

stickfig13

quote CJs Dad:

I walked by you guys a few times carrying shots guns and M16s going into room 2 looked like you were having fun.

We all had a great time! Especially during our final drill on Friday. I think the trash can got some love after that one…haha

stickfig13

I just found out today that I passed Phase A!

Yeah! :woohoo:

la-revancha

Congratulations. Not everyone passes. You have only begun the road, though.

Oh, and thanks for not saying hello. I’ll remember that next time you come in. >=(

stevetuna

Congratulations! That’s a tremendous accomplishment!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: