Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    brotherobin

What’s your personal favorite pre workout tank filler?

freelancer

As a newbie and hearing all the puke comments before I started going to class I was concerned about that and ate nothing just in case. Now since I started getting into shape I pretty much have the same thing every morning (class is in the AM) I eat a bagel and a little bit of cottage cheese/yogurt mixture.

konrad109

I don’t eat anything atleast an hour before. For breakfast I eat two tablespoons of flax seed meal with whatever else im having. It really helps me keep my energy up for the rest of the day and keeps me regular too. 🙂

kravi

http://www.maxim.nl/products/index.html

The energy drink.
    And the energy mix during trainig

kravron

I have found that a piece of bread with peanut butter and a banna are very good fuel pre-class. Also I have done the yougurt drinks or granola bars pre-class.

jjbklb

peanut butter & walnut on a slice of raisen-pecan walnut bread

johnl-d11

ha, some candy.. doritos… more candy.. 😀 I think this is why I have to workout so freakin much since my diet is horrible. 😯

Actually, I’ve been doing pretty good lately. Breakfast is egg whites/wheat bread or oatmeal/half a banana. Lots of grilled chicken, but I usually try not to eat anything heavy up to 90 mins before class.

dkst

I’m getting married in March, want to lose 10 pounds. Eating healthy, in fact, I’ve started eating breakfast (not a morning person). Problem I’m running into is energy for working out. Thinking about going on a protien diet for the month of Feb. Basically replacing a meal with a protien shake, any suggestions.

kravron

If your running low on energy, protien may not be the way to go. Try reducing your portions but eating more often. And carbs will help your energy problems.

Replacing a meal with a protien shake is not bad…but protien is for building muscle.

Smaller portions, more often (eat like 7-8 times a day) will fix your energy and help your weight problem.

kurtuan

dkst, I recommend the South Beach diet. The first two weeks you pretty much cut out most carbs (except green veggies), and eat lean proteins. If you follow the plan you’d be suprised how much you can lose during that first two weeks. After that you bring more complex carbs into your diet (fruit, whole grain breads, sweet potatoes). This period lasts until you get to your desired weight. After that you just eat sensibly. And you must eat many small meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism up. The toughest part is NO BEER during the first two weeks, and of course moderation after that. Good luck and congrats!

jl

Oatmeal, peanut butter, skim milk, banana…….90 min. before workout. Has some complex long range carbs. and a little protein. Plus if you hack, it doesn’t taste all that bad the second time! 😕

also, I used to drink the various ade drinks….Powerade, Gatorade and found they do not replenish my electrolytes. So went out and found Glacier Mineral water….there are all kinds of them but only one with electrolytes. It’s the one called perform B vitamins + electrolytes. Since the switch I can withstand a much more rigorous workout and still have enough in the tank to get to the car and not pass out on the way back home.
    😉

anonymous

A powerbar and a banana keep me going strong for 2 hours….

sadders

A bowl of cereal an hour before. Its got liquid, salt, sugar and doesnt come flying out of my mout 1/2 an hour into the session! 😆

lor

Food choices based on how good it tastes coming back up ~ that’s incredibly clever.

johnl-d11

Re:

quote \”Lor\:

Food choices based on how good it tastes coming back up ~ that’s incredibly clever.

haha, yup.. we used to do this back in college….. but it wasn’t from working out. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: