Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • Author

Re: Pre-workout meal

Seems to be much good information about Dextrose doesn’t there? Sounds to me like it would be an ideal additive into your post workout meal along with some sort of protein.

Oh and kudos to you for being able to read German :):

giant-killer

Hey, here’s the website in English:

http://www.dextro-energy.com/index.asp?referer=off

Or click on “international” in the right hand corner of the German site.

giant-killer

Thanks, but I’m cheating. I AM German, so it’s my native language…

Sweet thanks GK.

quote Giant Killer:

Thanks, but I’m cheating. I AM German, so it’s my native language…

Ahh that would explain it. :):

Here is another great article you might enjoy as well.

So much information on this topic.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Bodybuilding-Tips—Eating-Honey-Post-Workout&id=874489

giant-killer

So I suppose the kudos should be for speaking English… thumbsup

Anyway, sweet dreams… :):

giant-killer

Mmmm, honey. Not a bad idea. But I usually eat honey on bread with lots of butter, so that may not be so good. Also can’t eat too much sweet stuff at a time. If it’s too much, it can make me feel a bit sick.

Now the key is how much of Dextrose would one use after a workout?

I also did more research and found that it is recommended to split half dextrose and half Maltodextrin added to a protein shake after a workout but I’m confused as to how much. Today I had two teaspoons of each but don’t think that is enough but not sure.

thejew

quote HazardousSmoker:

Now the key is how much of Dextrose would one use after a workout?

I also did more research and found that it is recommended to split half dextrose and half Maltodextrin added to a protein shake after a workout but I’m confused as to how much. Today I had two teaspoons of each but don’t think that is enough but not sure.

There’s about 4-4.5g per teaspoon so you’re only had around 18g, PWO you should be taking in about 50-80grams of carbs. Whats your goal HS?

thejew

Reason I ask what your goal is HS is IMO PWO shake after Krav isn’t needed, just after lifting.

My goal TJ is to lose weight and tone up. I am currently very high in the body fat range and want to get down to a very reasonable level.

Ultimately I believe my bodyweight should probably be in the 150-160 lb range and right now I am at 184 and 5 feet 8.5 inches. I have that lovely apple shaped body :(:

Add 5 extra carbs from the protein powder (not much at all I know.)

thejew

quote HazardousSmoker:

My goal TJ is to lose weight and tone up. I am currently very high in the body fat range and want to get down to a very reasonable level.

Ultimately I believe my bodyweight should probably be in the 150-160 lb range and right now I am at 184 and 5 feet 8.5 inches. I have that lovely apple shaped body :(:

Add 5 extra carbs from the protein powder (not much at all I know.)

After cardio just have a light meal, some chicken breast and broccoli or something like that, PWO shake not needed, save it for after weight lifting sessions.

I would limit your carbs 6 hours prior to bed too if you’re trying to lose weight/tone. Other than that I’m sure you know what proper nutrition is 😉

Thanks I appreciate it.

Today now I have to deal with the fact I am about 900 calories under what I should have eaten. Not sure how I managed to do that. Hopefully this one day won’t affect my weight loss efforts. Had I not burned 600 calories today from Cardio & Weight Lifting I would be much closer but that’s the way it goes.

giant-killer

How do you know you burned 600 calories? Can that be measured? I guess I’m kind of lucky in that regard, I seem to stay at about the same weight no matter what I eat (although I do eat mostly healthy stuff, but I don’t count carbs and calories). As for the dextrose, not sure, there was something on that German website that explained how much to take. I probably wouldn’t eat more than maybe a heaping teaspoon or something, but that’s just ’cause I can’t eat that much sweet stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: