Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    lor

Do many schools offer private Krav lessons (I think I saw one site that did, but I can’t remember where)? Or is the group setting preferred for Krav?

g-v

Re: Private Lessons

quote \”Lor\:

Do many schools offer private Krav lessons (I think I saw one site that did, but I can’t remember where)? Or is the group setting preferred for Krav?

Bert offers private lessons, from what I’ve heard.

lor

Really? Cool!

I ask more out of curiosity than anything, but that’s not to say I wouldn’t consider it in the future.

I’d love to get the girls in my family in some lessons.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Lor\:

I’d love to get the girls in my family in some lessons.

Have them take class with you!
    Step-child now goes to krav with me. 8)

lor

Oh, that’s great!!

Waaait a minute! Emily isn’t your step-child, is she? 😆

g-v

Re:

No. Melissa, is. I’m Gene, btw.

dkst

Over in Lincolnwood I know George (instructor) offers private lessons. They are a half hour, you would never make it through a one on one lesson if it were an hour.

lor

I’m Lori (and you probably already knew that if you saw my page). I don’t think I’ve met Melissa.

kravmdjeff

Private lessons are good. Small classes are good. Large classes are good.

It all depends on what you’re looking for. I tell newer students to try to hit a combo of small and larger classes, b/c the energy is ALWAYS higher when the room is full, but you get less individual attention and correction/instruction.

If you don’t have a problem keeping your own energy up when you’re training, private lessons are good. I do caution people away from private lessons when their reasoning has to do with not wanting to push themselves hard during classes (strange, I know, but I’ve heard it before)

lor

Dkst, thanks for the info. My cousin wants to take lessons, but he is not able to commit to a regular schedule. He is closer to your location than mine, so that might work out for him.

Jeff, I dig the energy of a big class. Though I’m ready to croak, I usually end up having a pretty good time.

I know private Yoga sessions (Yoga is my only frame of reference for stuff like this) can be much more effective technically. You miss out on the group thing, which is a huge part of Yoga’s charm, but the individual attention can go a long way in helping you improve. I wondered if Krav was the same way.

kravmdjeff

Yes, it is the same way. So if you already have the mindset of going 100%, private lessons will be more effective for you than for someone else who is doing so to get away from the intensity of class.

kravmdjeff

Speaking of yoga, a friend of mine had a funny thing about yoga on his blog. It’s most of the way down, but Lor, you would appreciate this…

http://ipsedixit6.blogspot.com/

lor

Oh my God, that’s GREAT!! 😆

I practice Yoga *and* I’m Irish ~ this explains it all.

g-v

I prefer smaller classes, personally.

lor

Is it possible that larger, more crowded classes get us out of Lay Downs, Crab Walks, Spider Crawls and Lunges?

‘Cuz if that’s the case, Thursday is my new Krav night! 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: