Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Proper hand placement when throwing knees

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    russell

Re: Proper hand placement when throwing knees

quote jjk:

I’m… I’m going to get hemorrhoids?

only if you have opinions….. then keep the cream around

vwr32

quote russell:

only if you have opinions….. then keep the cream around

they make an opinion cream?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote vwr32:

they make an opinion cream?

Yes itís called butt paste so when you voice your opinion and 5 guys flame you your rear doesnít feel so bad for being chewed out.

vwr32

quote CJs Dad:

Yes itís called butt paste so when you voice your opinion and 5 guys flame you your rear doesnít feel so bad for being chewed out.

rofl

I wouldn’t know what that’s like.

giant-killer

I would! thumbsup

psyops

For me the issue is simple. When throwing knees I am never throwing the same kne to the same target over and over again. Constantly moving from MT to side control or some variation of side control is more than likely what I will do. Now if you get off two or three good knees most people in the street can’t eat those knees they will wilt.

When I throw knees and for that matter anything else. I stick with the hi-low principle. Twice upstairs, once low, once high, twice low, one mid, one high etc……. Simply throwing knees at the same target is not realistic and the person receiving the knees will adapt if not sufficiently damaged by the knees. Also it is easier to alter the bastards balance by hitting them in different locations. Just my opinion.

quote Psyops:

For me the issue is simple. When throwing knees I am never throwing the same kne to the same target over and over again. Constantly moving from MT to side control or some variation of side control is more than likely what I will do. Now if you get off two or three good knees most people in the street can’t eat those knees they will wilt.

When I throw knees and for that matter anything else. I stick with the hi-low principle. Twice upstairs, once low, once high, twice low, one mid, one high etc……. Simply throwing knees at the same target is not realistic and the person receiving the knees will adapt if not sufficiently damaged by the knees. Also it is easier to alter the bastards balance by hitting them in different locations. Just my opinion.

Nice… I’m going to start implimenting that. Thanks!!!

satilan

Hey guys,
    interesting discussion.

In Krav Maga you can grab your opponent for knees in more than just one way. Also, you have got to remember that Krav Maga is not a “traditional” system so there is no “one correct way” to do anything. The only constraint is to actually make sure it works and is to your utmost advantage.

That said, the most correct way to grab for knees is, as taught at the NTC, with both your palms grapsing skin, clothes, and flesh on one side of your opponent’s head. The exact location varies a lot but it is mostly middle way between the base of the beck and the shoulder. When you do this the opponent is least likelt to head butt you. If he tries to head butt you he is blocked by one of your arms.

This is for medium range knees.
    Long range knees are used without grabbing your opponent at all.
    Now, to short range knees…

When you really want to grac your opponent and keep him real close… you may choose to grab the back of his head as demonstrated by the Muay Tai video above. But the difference in Krav Maga is that when you do this, the enemy might head butt you. Head butts are not allowed in Muay Tai and so they don’t run the same risk. In Krav, however, the enemy follows no rules. Therefore, when grabbing the enemy with one arm on either side of his neck, the next thing you’d want to do is pull his face into your shoulder and keep him there. This will cause your enemy to get face damage, stay disoriented and close to you, and trust me – he will not be able to head butt you. then you apply the knees.

In Israel we used to play this control game similar to Judo… you train with a partner… you face each other… each having the same side hand on the other’s shoulder (either both use the left hand or both use their right). Your other hand holds the opponent’s forearm that’s grasping your shoulder. When the instructor yells “go” you and your partner fight for dominance over the other. It’s a constant struggle. Dominance is reached when both your arms are grabbing the opponent’s back of the head but are inside the opponent’s hands. This is because the next thing to happen in real wrestling is trying to knock your opponent out of balance, similar to Jodu… and being “inside” provides with better control.
    Sorry, it’s tought to explain.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: