Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics punch on ! SPARING (stupid questions)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    andre

Alright, can I get the inaugural nod,Ryan? I think I can finally put together a jab-cross combination.
    🙂
    its left hand. right hand right?

garddawg

Boxing? What is this boxing? They have instructors in making boxes? Why are we talking about making boxes on a Krav Maga site?

clfmak

Its not too common to find a kickboxing place that will let you use elbows and knees without a good amount of training. If nothing else, its a liability issue. If you really insist on sparring right now, look for a muay thai place that does smoker bouts- that ought to take the fight out of you.

tough-girl

Re:

quote \”garddawg\:

Boxing? What is this boxing? They have instructors in making boxes? Why are we talking about making boxes on a Krav Maga site?

I LOVE it! 😆

Maybe it’s like how when I was a little kid and my father would make me figure out how to open the box before I could play with my toys at Christmas? Somebody told him to do the hard part before the fun part? Without using the apropriate tools to make the hard part easy?

Although, can anybody else figure out his objection to the weopons training? Because I can’t…I was lvl 2 before they put a knife in my hand. And it does take a bit of patience to get there, it’s not like he would walk in and spend his first three months doing asp defenses and THEN learn how to throw a hook punch…

kmsf

It is said \”There are no stupid questions\” but after reading this whole topic I’d have to disagree. The guy mentions fights he’s been in and also talks about defending himself as a motivator but then goes on about a quest for \”sparing\” I think he means sparring but after sifting through all of the other errors on his posts including no caps at the beginning of sentences and mega mis-spelled words I can’t be sure of anything. Get an education first. Or to use a metaphor – just like school – they don’t have you go for your masters the first day. More like fingerpainting and ABC’s…. well same thing here, learn the ABC’s of self defense first. Gently ease in to the fighting all out part – what’s the hurry?

klem

\”There are no stupid questions, just stupid people who ask questions.\”
    😆 (I first heard this on Saturday Night Live many years ago)

jl

spar

G.V.
    Thumb wrestling may take this lad years to become proficient, he just wants to mix it up a bit and bring some jing into his dentists office. Maybe Ryans guys can accomadate him! 8)

diva,
    After you pass the L1 test you will be eased into sparring in L2. However, it won’t be long until you yourself will be going at it pretty hard. Good Luck on the test! 😉

kravmdjeff

I hope that this guy never gets attacked with a knife or a gun, because if he runs he’ll either have to fight the guy AFTER sprinting a 1/4 mile…or he’ll get shot/stabbed in the back running rather than in the front fighting. If I had to get one of the two, i know I’d prefer the latter.

However, KMSF…I humbly submit that one’s ability to engage in written dialogue in a grammatically correct manner has nothing to do with one’s desire to train in self-defense, or sport-fighting, or both. Martial arts have enough of a problem being arrogant about our skills and techniques…we don’t need to become English snobs too.

anonymous

Hey CLFMak, what are smoker bouts? Just smoke ’til you drop dead? 😕 😉

andre

Typically an in school fight night.

kmsf

He comes out calling it a stupid question and I am just agreeing. If he’s smart enough to get on the internet then he should be smart enough to have figured out spell check. And if not, use words he’s familiar with enough to spell. Call me a snob if you will but it is much easier to sift through good grammar. I encourage him to educate himself in all things including an education. Learn as much self defense as you can in life but what is life if you can’t spell it or get your meaning across to others? I’m no rocket scientist myself, just appreciate people that can spell 90% or better in their posts. If that makes me a Snob then so be it.
    PIECE OWT.

keith327th

We did a little sparring in Level 1, and now in Level 2 we do it quite a bit. At the dojo I’m at, we have a great balance of it all. We do a lot of sparring.

Last night one of the instructors mentioned that when we spar with each other, we’re working with trained fighter, so to practice defending against the average drunk, we did some drills in which we pounded each other with haymakers and/or straights and practiced defending and then countering with a right uppercut/left hook/right straight combo, or other similar defenses. I think if you stick with it you’ll see that it’s very well rounded.

clfmak

Its like an unofficial or unsanctioned fight(s).

dkst

That is so funny that you mention your trainer made you practice against haymakers etc. Everytime I go to fight night I get my ass kicked. I know I’m going against better then average fighters, but still feel defeated after class. The only thing that brings me back is doing drills with new people. It a good feeling being able to teach some one how to do a drill/choke properly. Not that I’m teaching the class, but if some one is doing something wrong, I point it out.

tough-girl

Whereas I prefer to be outclassed. Rather get my ass kicked than have to hold back to avoid feeling abusive. I’ve tried to teach people how to choke before…I’m a pathetic teacher unless somebody already has the right idea and just needs tweaking.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: