Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Question about KMWW and IKMF

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    psyops

Re: Question about KMWW and IKMF

OKD,

I certainly understand your point. There are a lot of other things that validate my statement. I won’t get into them here but the point that KMMAN makes is worth noting. The lineage of Krav Maga is relatively young. So it is traceable. Darren can’t seperate himself from Eyal. Eyal can’t seperate himself from Darren. They are linked forever. Now the bad blood that is so obvious is born of issues over money, ego and insecurity. So good luck cleaning that mess up.

Eyal and Darren have split. It is sad. We can only hope that some day the bridge will be rebuilt.

kmman

I hate to keep using Jeet Kune Do as an example but a lot of this happened with Bruce Lee Students. Everything from who Bruce gave authority to teach (see Dan Inosanto, Ted Wong, Jerry Poteet etc) to Bruce Lee’s family suing for exclusive rights to Jeet Kune Do.

If you look into JKD now, it comes down to “is the instructor/school good”?

My guess is KM is and will be no different.

oldkravdude

Good points Psy. The political stuff gets old in a hurry.

red-rhino

quote Psyops:

… All politcal b.s. aside Krav Maga has changed my life. It is all that I wish to do. I have been blessed to train under Roger D’onofrio. He is not Israeli. Yet his understanding of Krav Maga is second to none.

Hey Psyops,

I just wanted to say that I trained at KMWW with Darren Levine and John Whitman and they are great KM teachers. They truly taught me how to be an instructor BUT the best teacher I ever had was also Roger D’Onofrio.

I can’t believe that even years since he left San Francisco, the style, philosophy and skills that he taught me, the movements, strikes and weapon training, are still part of my daily training regime and continue to make me a better martial artist and KM instructor.

psyops

RED,

You honor our great teacher! He is far to modest to accept such praise but you are absolutely correct. Roger is in a league of his own! When you come to Vegas please train with us! You will see hiw much more Roger has developed!

jsumm54421

Roger sounds like a great instructor! Also, Darren takes a lot of heat, but, I know he really understands this self defense thing very well.

I think you guys are hitting on some very good points about Krav Maga training. The quality of the instructor is of great importance, and one’s personal development in this system is MOST important!

I’ve been fortunate enough to have had four wonderful KMWW instructors here in NJ as well as a host of others in many other systems. They taught me that in order to be a great instructor, that I had to stay a student. This is why I make it a point to visit and train with every instructor in every system in my area. (Tao Of Jeet Kune Do)

My class is diverse, with students training in many styles including MMA, Jui Jitsu, Boxing, Aikido, Kung fu, Ninjitsu, Savate, Karate etc. It’s hard to enroll experienced students without being very knowledgeable about many styles.

Also, I got to visit and train with the head US instructor of the IKMA systems? I found IKMA to be very different in concept, than my KMWW training.

What is the IKMA?

In 1978 Imi Lichtenfeld established the non-profit Israeli Krav Maga Association (IKMA). Before he passed, his highest ranking student was 8th Dan Haim Gidon, who Imi said was “soon to be 10th Dan”. (Video is online)

Grand Master Haim Gidon is currently the head of IKMA, the system founded by Imi. http://israelikravmaga.com/ One of his top instructor’s in the US has published one of the more popular books on Krav Maga.

I’ve trained at their US HQs and they are really passionate about continuing with Imi’s vision of Krav Maga. They are certainly doing things different from the KMWW system.

I would love to train in the IKF system headed by Haim Zut. Why?
    Because I got more students coming to my class after viewing , Avivit Cohen, conduct training on Fight Quest than any other show featuring Krav Maga. Sorry IDF, this lady put Krav Maga on her back and ran with it!

jsumm54421

Roger sounds like a great instructor! Also, Darren takes a lot of heat, but, I know he really understands this self defense thing very well.

I think you guys are hitting on some very good points about Krav Maga training. The quality of the instructor is of great importance, and one’s personal development in this system is MOST important!

I’ve been fortunate enough to have had four wonderful KMWW instructors here in NJ as well as a host of others in many other systems. They taught me that in order to be a great instructor, that I had to stay a student. This is why I make it a point to visit and train with every instructor in every system in my area. (Tao Of Jeet Kune Do)

My class is diverse, with students training in many styles including MMA, Jui Jitsu, Boxing, Aikido, Kung fu, Ninjitsu, Savate, Karate etc. It’s hard to enroll experienced students without being very knowledgeable about many styles.

Also, I got to visit and train with the head US instructor of the IKMA systems? I found IKMA to be very different in concept, than my KMWW training.

What is the IKMA?

In 1978 Imi Lichtenfeld established the non-profit Israeli Krav Maga Association (IKMA). Before he passed, his highest ranking student was 8th Dan Haim Gidon, who Imi said was “soon to be 10th Dan”. (Video is online)

Grand Master Haim Gidon is currently the head of IKMA, the system founded by Imi. http://israelikravmaga.com/ One of his top instructor’s in the US has published one of the more popular books on Krav Maga.

I’ve trained at their US HQs and they are really passionate about continuing with Imi’s vision of Krav Maga. They are certainly doing things different from the KMWW system.

I would love to train in the IKF system headed by Haim Zut. Why?
    Because I got more students coming to my class after viewing , Avivit Cohen, conduct training on Fight Quest than any other show featuring Krav Maga. Sorry IDF, this lady put Krav Maga on her back and ran with it!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: