Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books RNC – the discussion continues~

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Re: RNC ñ the discussion continues~

So, he wasn’t able to defend the sneaky surprise choke then?

We just worked on RNC escapes in the groundfighting class today. The attacker had the back, but arms low, then the teacher would yell “go” and the attacker would try to put the choke on, the defender tried to stop him and get out. I did pretty well, one guy got me in a body triangle, but I still prevented the choke. So, if you have a bit of space, you’ll have some time to squirm.

vwr32

quote Giant Killer:

So, he wasn’t able to defend the sneaky surprise choke then?

We just worked on RNC escapes in the groundfighting class today. The attacker had the back, but arms low, then the teacher would yell “go” and the attacker would try to put the choke on, the defender tried to stop him and get out. I did pretty well, one guy got me in a body triangle, but I still prevented the choke. So, if you have a bit of space, you’ll have some time to squirm.

So the defense happened *before* the choke was sunk in? Hmm interesting.

giant-killer

in the case of that drill, yes. I’ve also had it happen though that someone sunk in the choke during sparring and I was able to get out (sometimes), or end up tapping, but only after some time had passed (anywhere from several seconds to over a minute) all depending on the tightness of the choke I suppose and whether or not I was able to make at least a tiny bit of space by trying to squirm or pulling the attacker’s arm/hand down.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: