Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Roy Elghanayan – ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

This has some good Krav, good stunt work and good traditional MA in it. Anyone heard of him before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnZ0sfOiuIM

CC

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Roy Elghanayan – ?

yup, trains people in the park dosent have a school just does privates and hands out flyers.

kirsten

Nope, never heard of him.

unstpabl1

met him once. Was teaching at a school on Chandler and Whitsett for a short time. really a nice kid…young, moves well. has a real strong Japanese Jujitsu base. seemed more aggressive than the JJJ thats taught here. Seemed very solid on Krav. Taught who he says he taught. I was going to train with him..no contracts…but the deal he made with the school fell apart a week or so after. shame that school had a great hard style hapkido guy their as well. Now its a TKD school. Now he teaches in parks and I believe is going to school

rick-prado

Talented no doubt, and agree about the jujitsu and akido training, although I doubt any IDF special forces are using those gun takeaways. Most of them anyway.

FYI, info section of the video says he has taught IDF special forces, etc…..

rick-prado

Just to clarify, I am not knocking the man at all. Simply pointing out that it’s a great demo video. Much like when I posted the one about Yigal Arbiv and Ohad.

Not everyone can do what they are demonstrating in a short period of time. Krav Maga is supposed to be simple to learn(relatively speaking) and be effective at the same time.

Akido, Hapkido and Jujitsu are not simple to learn in a short amount of time.

Again, that’s just me talking and I hope he gets all the students he can handle.

fdiaz05

Roy Elghanayan sublets from a shotokan karate dojo in Santa Monica CA and also trains with some of his students out doors at the park across the street. He is very knowledgeable and really is about what you want to learn. Very well trained and a good teach. Ways of explaining it are simple. You have to come with the right mind. I’ve met him and I told him I wanted to go into law enforcement and needed catered training for that. I’m not an expert but I know what I know. I have been checking out dojos and gyms for years now and this guy knows his stuff plain and simple. His teachings are not watered down as some of the places I’ve seen around southern California. So if your expecting an aerobics work out take a tai-bo class this guy is the real deal.

http://www.kravmagala.com/

A demo vid is just that meant to catch the eye of a viewers. You want to learn the actual fighting system you got to get out there and train!

Actually, since I posted this, I have introduced Roy to the founder of our org and have spoken to him several times on the phone. I even sent him some business when someone near him contacted me. My original post was simply to put feelers out (for lack of a better expression). It was never meant to be derogatory……

Be well,
    Tim

fdiaz05

cool…none taken…I put it out there for those that browse this forum looking around if instructors and those that claim are lagit.

Good training! 🙂

unstpabl1

quote Plantman:

Just to clarify, I am not knocking the man at all. Simply pointing out that it’s a great demo video. can handle.

Didn’t take it as such. I don’t know him well enough to vouch for him, but he moved well and taught krav at the class I watched as 2 of his students were on the way to join the IDF in a few months in that class. I forget the name for that. He’s young and I’m cynical so I made him produce videos and papers. I also net searched

the jujitsu is I think related to Budoshin in America, but looked harder trained. I don’t think its what you train in rather how you train in it that makes it effective. I kinda got that that was his base. when he went into the IDF he was trained to teach krav and did.

Krav is a great system and its open ended for a reason. Being open minded to things is the hard part. A gun takaway that may seem impractical to one may be the exact thing another may need. Its good to look at all, better to try to make it work under pressure and then either keep or discard from “Your” personal tool box

Be Well

psyops

quote unstpabl1:

Didn’t take it as such. I don’t know him well enough to vouch for him, but he moved well and taught krav at the class I watched as 2 of his students were on the way to join the IDF in a few months in that class. I forget the name for that. He’s young and I’m cynical so I made him produce videos and papers. I also net searched

the jujitsu is I think related to Budoshin in America, but looked harder trained. I don’t think its what you train in rather how you train in it that makes it effective. I kinda got that that was his base. when he went into the IDF he was trained to teach krav and did.

Krav is a great system and its open ended for a reason. Being open minded to things is the hard part. A gun takaway that may seem impractical to one may be the exact thing another may need. Its good to look at all, better to try to make it work under pressure and then either keep or discard from “Your” personal tool box

Be Well

Seems like a talented guy. I see a lot of judo, aikido and traditional influence in his applications. I wonder if he studied Krav Magen? Certainly a bit more “showy”, again take what is useful and improve your application.

unstpabl1

quote Psyops:

Seems like a talented guy. I see a lot of judo, aikido and traditional influence in his applications. I wonder if he studied Krav Magen? Certainly a bit more “showy”, again take what is useful and improve your application.

I met a few former IDF guys and they seem to have in common a background in some martial art before getting trained to train troops in krav. Roy’s background was in Israeli Jujitsu, Japanese flavor..its traceable thru his vids and info, if you hunt and peck a little..which is why your noting the Japanese flavor….get the impression that his krav training came from IDF

edub

I trained with him as a member of a special forces unit called duvdavan, while i was doing basic training on the paratrooper’s base.
    He was a very hard (good) instructor! i learned a lot from him, and took a lot of punches and kicks from him.
    I’m new to this site, by the way. Hello all.

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum!:wav:

quote Edub:

I trained with him as a member of a special forces unit called duvdavan, while i was doing basic training on the paratrooper’s base.
    He was a very hard (good) instructor! i learned a lot from him, and took a lot of punches and kicks from him.
    I’m new to this site, by the way. Hello all.

Hi Edub!! Welcome!!

I checked up on him a bit with Itay during a two and a half hour conversation not long ago. He’s legit, but as unorthodox in his teaching as Itay is often said to be. I take comments like that as a grain of salt though, since Itay is in our lineage and I find his stuff top-notch!!

Last fall he attended Moshe’s seminar at UCLA and they got along very well. Moshe said he is a very courteous person. Every time I talk to Roy, I find this to be the case as well.

From what I can tell, he’s as talented as he is personable.

CC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: