Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Scary movies are dead to me now

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    clfmak

There was Han in Enter The Dragon. By the way- I could be wrong, but didn’t Wolverine do karate?

leftie79

We are actually learning something when we analyze these scary/violent movies.

I watched the last of Saving Private Ryan the other night and don’t remember that fight scene.

Speaking of recent movies that are out, last weekend I went to go see The Da Vinci Code and there is this one part where a guy is holding a gun to Tom Hanks’ head and all I could think of was the defense to the gun from the head (holding the gun on his right side I believe).

anonymous

Wolverine should probably do fencing with those claws.

clfmak

Wolverine should get good at throwing jabs, hooks, uppercuts and overhands (and maybe a spinning backfist). Also, the extended muay thai guard would work well, but if you healed instantly, you wouldn’t need to worry about guarding. Seeing as how the claws are like knives attached to the fists, boxing techniques would work well.

erik-h

Actually, because i am comic book nerd, I know Wolverine has studied many figting techniques when he was do assassainations for the military and was trained as a samurai. Why they made him suck at fighting in the movies I’ll never know.

kravmdjeff

Well, as a friend described to me who is a big comic book fan…you can’t invest in one person too much in a big group movie like that, since:

1) The budget is already so big to get all those well-known actors..
    2)Screentime is an issue, so showcasing his fighting is hard to do.
    3) Pretty sure Hugh Jackman isn’t already trained.

evo8

Re:

quote \”KravMDjeff\:

I think the reason that you don’t hear much about the scene from \”American History X\” is because the curbing is more about Ed Norton’s character’s hatred than it is about the physical violence that occurs. Which is also the whole reason why he doesn’t shoot the kid but rather opts to curb him.

If i remember correctly, Norton’s character shoots the kid first and then unloads on the car driving away. He keeps shooting until he runs out of bullets and you see the gun slide lock back. he then curbs the kid who didn’t die from the initial shooting.

You’re probably right though. He probably would have still curbed him even if he had bullets left.

evo8

Wolverine is also supposed to be really short. Like GK short. 😆

I heard that Wolverine is supposed to get his own movie.

anonymous

I’m not supposed to talk about it, but I’ve also been secretly trained as a Samurai. Krav Maga by day, hunting for Osama by night – I love my secret comic book life! 😈

kmcat

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

I’m not supposed to talk about it, but I’ve also been secretly trained as a Samurai. Krav Maga by day, hunting for Osama by night – I love my secret comic book life! 😈

Samurai are so 16th century!

erik-h

Hey Giantkiller,

did you train with or without Tom Cruse? 😆

Erik H

clfmak

Hugh Jackman might not be trained in fighting, but he’s definitely trained to leap and prance:
    http://www.celticbug.com/Hugh/Jackman5.html

anonymous

I work alone. Can’t have a little love-struck midget like Tom Cruise get in my way…. 8)

erik-h

😆 he can use scientology to explain the punches and kicks to his head

clfmak

Did anybody see the preview for Ghostrider? I think it might be pretty good, or may go down as the most over the top movie ever made.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: