Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Self defense against dogs

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    saruotoko

Re: Self defense against dogs

quote Bracius:

Hey, can you blame the dog? I make a bad arse hamburger! I also smoke my own brisket. I’ve even had a competitive BBQ’er admit that my brisket is better than his and was offered money to show him how. 🙂

I’m coming over to your place for a meal when I’m back in the ATX over the holidays, Bracius. I’m a sucker for good brisket, and Lord knows I just CAN’T find it out here in LaLa land. 🙂

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic.

Mario

oneness

Thought I would share this link with everyone. You never know when you might have to fight a dog. It may seem a little silly in talking about it, but it happens more often than people think.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27828706

stevetuna

Wow, Oneness – believe me when I tell you that I’m glad that it wasn’t a pit bull trying to eat me that day.

I would have been well within my rights to shoot the dog, but I knew that I would have had to shoot the guy as well, as he was right on top of me.

oneness

Steve – Just read about your situation. Sorry to here that happened. Glad you were able to deal with the situation.

An Akita is just as bad a dog as a pitbull if its trying to use you as a chew toy.

Not to change the subject, but I had to drop a goose once at a park. Feeding ducks with my nephew who was about five. The goose bee-lined for us. I was squatting down and my nephew directly infront of me. I was able to get up just enough and when the goose got close enough i kicked it square in the head. He woke up a few seconds later and swam off trying to clear the webs out of its head.

You never know what animal you’re are going to have to defend against and should be prepared for all.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

My Akita “KAOS” is 145lbs and no joke. He picked up my 85lbs pit and shook it like a rag doll one day. I’ve had a few serious discussions with him regarding his attitude.

Typical rule of thumb is to get behind them taking his back in a RNC/bar hammer. Lifting him up off the ground vertically in the choke and holding him up by his neck.

Trying to take him from the front is a bad idea.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: