Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Sherman Oaks info, please!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    stevetuna

All right, I admit it – I’m a hick. No, it’s worse than that – I’m an island hick. Regular hicks can at least get in a car and drive to civilization… Island hicks are extra clueless.

So, when an island hick goes to the big city, interesting things can happen. Think “Crocodile Dundee”. I’m going to be spending some time in Sherman Oaks this weekend. Can any natives provide me with some helpful hints, please (and don’t worry – I won’t be trying to pull a Hugh Grant / Devine Brown scene – yikes!).

I will not leave without making it to In and Out Burger at least once! What else should I do and see?

Thanks in advance (I think…)!

don

Re: Sherman Oaks info, please!

Where will you be staying, how much free time will you have (and when), what kinds of things would you be interested in seeing/doing, and what would your radius of travel be?

Lemme know if you’d be interested in a ride – I work Fri-Mon 1500-0100 and am in a two man hoop but I have some good partners who would be happy to have you as shotgun… :):

Oh, and as far as burgers go, I would also recommend Tommy’s Original Burgers – chili/cheese burgers/fries/etc… So Cal is a melting pot and you can get many different types of original cuisine/culture here…

stevetuna

Don – I’ll send you a PM when I get back home. That thought just made my day! Thanks!

don

PMed you Steve. Looking forward to it… :):

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

ohhhhhhhh Tommys… is soooo bad!!!! (kester/victory 5 mins from SO)

And Pinks!

And Titos Tacos!!

And Apple Pan on Pico for hickory burgers

I can keep going

PS: at in and out ask for your frys “road kill” style and your burger “animal style” trust me on this. CJ gets a 4 by 4 animal protein style

stevetuna

It must say a lot about me that I’m flying across this great country, going to a place of great culture and natural beauty and my focus is on cheeseburgers…

No wonder I always look like I need to do a few more burpees…

smokelaw1

Sorry to jack the thread, but…

Well, I got back to the east coast from L.A. last night. Didn’t make it out to Sherman Oaks, but hit up a class at West LA. Good times…you fellas train rough….I like it. I was dehydrated, and exhausted (baby didn’t sleep well the whole time we were out there), and felt like a weak slow old man….but hey, Krav works even for slow old men, right?

As happens every time we spend some time out there, my wife now wants to move to be closer to her brothers. We looked around them (Santa Monica) but I’ll be damned if we can’t get half the house we have now for a mere 6 times the money. WTF? So, we looked into Sherman Oaks houses, and IF (that there is a BIG IF), this move happens, then I, too, can get all these great burgers…uh, I mean, then I will also be able to train at Sherman Oaks.
    We have any headhunters (not the sparring kind…the kind that helps with jobs!) in the krav community out there?

unstpabl1

quote smokelaw1:

Well, I got back to the east coast from L.A. last night. Didn’t make it out to Sherman Oaks, but hit up a class at West LA. Good times…you fellas train rough….I like it. I was dehydrated, and exhausted (baby didn’t sleep well the whole time we were out there), and felt like a weak slow old man….but hey, Krav works even for slow old men, right?

As happens every time we spend some time out there, my wife now wants to move to be closer to her brothers. We looked around them (Santa Monica) but I’ll be damned if we can’t get half the house we have now for a mere 6 times the money. WTF? So, we looked into Sherman Oaks houses, and IF (that there is a BIG IF), this move happens, then I, too, can get all these great burgers…uh, I mean, then I will also be able to train at Sherman Oaks.
    We have any headhunters (not the sparring kind…the kind that helps with jobs!) in the krav community out there?

So far, and I’ve only been there a week, I think you’d like kmso….everybody, from students to staff has been really helpful and easy to work with. I have a special situation at the moment and everyone has gone out of their way to accomidate me. And though some do,most don’t know me from the forum…nor care

Now as to moving to Cali…thats another story

don

quote smokelaw1:

Hey SL,

My brother headhunts in the IT field – is that up your alley?

michaelmall

Unstpal they have psychiatric help there to.
    They are full service.Haahaaaha
    Just kidding.
    First thing you now ol Steves a millionaire,Police folks said Steve move way from there
    said California is the place you aught to be so he loaded up the cruiser and
    moved to Beverly,hills that is.

unstpabl1

quote michaelmall:

Just kidding.
    First thing you now ol Steves a millionaire,Police folks said Steve move way from there

Thats what the couch is for and the little red pills they give me before each class, but they let me wear the gold lammae cape with unstpabl1 on it and give me milk and cookies after class

Whats cooler is that I’m a KM-Xplorer and I’m the biggest guy in the class, plus I get bonus credits to my next belt for not picking my nose or peeing on the mat during class

Gosh a BH cop…I think their response time is kinda like Dominoes,30 seconds or less, or I call the frikken mayor, whom we all contributed to heftly and get your ass booted down to riding a bike beat in South Central LA

michaelmall

That is funny,I thought it might offend you.
    That bottom part was for Stevetuna.
    I dare you to ware a cape to CJdad class.

unstpabl1

quote michaelmall:

That is funny,I thought it might offend you.
    That bottom part was for Stevetuna.
    I dare you to ware a cape to CJdad class.

Naw….I got it

I’m pissed at Steve Tuna, all this talk about In and Out burgers and I’ve been jonesing for one all day like a crackhead…its on the way home after class

CJ’s Dad doesn’t let me take his class often, but when I do, he makes me wear an Osama Bin Laden costume and I’m always in the middle. He won’t let me watch class either, because he’s afraid I’ll review it all over the internet

smokelaw1

quote Don:

Hey SL,

My brother headhunts in the IT field – is that up your alley?

Hey thanks. But unfortunately, no. I’m a lawyer (not yet licensed in CA, so I’d have to take the bar out there), and have been the finance/investing/compliance world for years, so I am series 7 and 24 licensed as well.

mara-jade

quote michaelmall:

Just kidding.

And you talk about me and Kirsten hijacking threads:rolleyes::D:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: