Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    tko99

http://www.revgear.com/product/54/krav_maga_shin_guards

So the part that goes with your foot goes outsidethe shoe when you are wearing shoes…. correct?

kirsten

Re: Shin Guard question

You can wear them either over your shoes or barefoot. Personally for shin pads I recommend Thunder Pro shin guards. They will protect you better. Below is a link to the page, they have several styles. I just ordered the Pro “New design” to check them out and the grappling shin guards..

http://www.thunderfightgear.com/index.php?cPath=26&osCsid=6fghihl433gmbf22v14ph87g07

kirsten

Oh I should add, they are all shown on bare feet however in KM class we wear them over our shoes… just incase you were wonder if they would work over shoes.

tko99

quote Kirsten:

You can wear them either over your shoes or barefoot. Personally for shin pads I recommend Thunder Pro shin guards. They will protect you better. Below is a link to the page, they have several styles. I just ordered the Pro “New design” to check them out and the grappling shin guards..

http://www.thunderfightgear.com/index.php?cPath=26&osCsid=6fghihl433gmbf22v14ph87g07

Thanks! Oh wow, those look great! I already bought a pair of RevGear as part of the fight package at NTC… but I’ll order the Thunder Pro shin guards if the pair I have isn’t protecting as well.

Yep, I was wondering about that because I haven’t been to a level 2 class yet (well I finally bought the needed gear today) and initially thought that the shin guard goes inside the shoe (which barely fitted).

kirsten

Absolutely! The Revgear one’s will suit you just fine until you get more experiance and start kicking harder and have a better idea of what you want out of your gear later on.

Have an awesome time in class, your in the best place to be training…. lucky dog!

tko99

will do thumbsup

leejam99

I personally like shin guards that protect my foot/toes more with heavy padding. once you start kicking hard to the ribs, soon or a later you’ll catch their elbow right on top of your foot or a toe. THAT HURTS!! that part of your foot is very easy to break also.

jonj480

I agree, the more padding the better, catching an elbow SUCKS!!!! Especially if you are kicking hard

nate

quote leejam99:

I personally like shin guards that protect my foot/toes more with heavy padding. once you start kicking hard to the ribs, soon or a later you’ll catch their elbow right on top of your foot or a toe. THAT HURTS!! that part of your foot is very easy to break also.

James, it seems like most shin pads have the same amount of padding around the feet, but maybe I just don’t know what I’m looking for. Any specific shin guards that you can think of off the top of your head that have more padding around the foot?

I’ve got the old school velcro Krav pads and I want to upgrade soon…

jonj480

I use these from Twins. I have had the Krav ones before, but the foam on these is a little stiffer, they are bigger and a little more clunky, but I feel they offer better protection around the feet. I have had them for 6 months, train 4-5 nights a week, 1-2 classes per night and they are still as good as new (well maybe not the smell thumbsup)

http://store.titlemma.com/twins-leather-shin-instep-guards.html

I got these when I ripped the foot part off of the Krav ones. They were recommended to me by my instructor and have been awesome.

ds314

Kirsten,

You recommend the Thuder Pro Series shin guards. Which ones exactly to you recommend?

Thanks,
    Dave

back4more

If the foot straps are too tight for wearing over your shoes, try inserting baseballs into them when not in use. Worked for me!

kirsten

Any of the thunder pro’s are fine, but I got a pair of the new Bas Rutten shin guards that are designed for BOTH grappling AND stand up… which is very unique. The padding on the shin bone (center of the pad) is THICK! They have a neoprine backing and a “shoestring” lace at the top instead of that velcro that rips the heck out of your legs.

His new website will be up and running any minute now and they are WELL worth the wait! Also, the new gloves… “double thumbs up” also. Very smart design!

stevetuna

Thanks for the tease, Kirsten!

kirsten

I think its up now… “Go Get ‘Em”!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: