Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jaspthecat

Re: Shin Guard question

I hate ressurecting threads but did have a pertinent question re the recommended shinpads.

I found that when wearing shin pads with the foot and instep section with shoes, that the elastic strap for the foot made it too easy to slip on the gym floor, plus I’m a bit concerned about wearing out the elastic (decent gear is not cheap in the UK) – has anyone else experienced this?

kirsten

Revgear used to make a thinner KMW shin pad that had a velcro loop on the underside of the instep pad where you could slip it through your shoe laces instead of using elastic under the instep like you described. I don’t use them anymore, but I am sure if you called Revgear they could tell you if they still have them…

jaspthecat

quote Kirsten:

Revgear used to make a thinner KMW shin pad that had a velcro loop on the underside of the instep pad where you could slip it through your shoe laces instead of using elastic under the instep like you described. I don’t use them anymore, but I am sure if you called Revgear they could tell you if they still have them…

Yes, I have something similar to those which were almost useless as they were too thin.

Twins make shin guards without the instep, so I think I will invest in some of them.

tko99

I finally ordered the Thunder Pro *new design* shin guards a few minutes ago… 13 months after my initial post! Hope shipping is fast… I’m testing in 21 days!
    Actually, I ordered the limited spider edition :woohoo:

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: