Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    wyatt9696

I wore Discipline Footwear Hi tops for 2 years. All around good shoe for krav and other martial arts. very durable. i wanted a change, and went with Otomix stingrays. i love this shoe. very light, but very supportive . you would have a hard time rolling your ankle in these. if you order them, order 1/2 size bigger than your normal shoe. i’m now wearing otomix super hi’s they’re a little heaver than stingrays, but are about 2-3 inches higher. they’re almost like boxing shoes. If i had to choose my favorite, i’d go with the stingrays. good luck.

vwr32

Re:

quote \”wyatt9696\:

I wore Discipline Footwear Hi tops for 2 years. All around good shoe for krav and other martial arts. very durable. i wanted a change, and went with Otomix stingrays. i love this shoe. very light, but very supportive . you would have a hard time rolling your ankle in these. if you order them, order 1/2 size bigger than your normal shoe. i’m now wearing otomix super hi’s they’re a little heaver than stingrays, but are about 2-3 inches higher. they’re almost like boxing shoes. If i had to choose my favorite, i’d go with the stingrays. good luck.

Nice looking shoes, and that’s quite an endorsement. One thing that concerns me tho, is in the description for the Stingray boot, it says: \”Feather-light with ultimate traction for Wrestling competition.\”

One of the things that drew my attention to the Disciplines was this description of the sole: \”Our oblong pivot point allows for smooth pivoting with just enough, but not too much, grip to keep our knees safe.\”

Possibly just marketing hype, and probably depends on what type of surface your class trains on too. Right now I’m just wearing regular walking shoes because they’re less grippy than running shoes, but even that seems a bit sticky. Lighter weight would be good for training, but not if I’m going to be able to run up the wall due to \”ultimate traction\”. Did you notice any differences in this area between the two shoes?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: